Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250+500 web ad

Hi

quite new at this, but I need to make a crisp 250x500 web ad set under 100kB.
    I have tried using PS, AI and InD, even sketch, but the ad ends up beeing either oversized or full of noise.

Any presets or app tips?

/Wr

I am using PhotoShop and the images outcome is perfect. Try it once again it will work for you also...

Comment

Hi Murial and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Murial View Post
        Hi

quite new at this, but I need to make a crisp 250x500 web ad set under 100kB.
        I have tried using PS, AI and InD, even sketch, but the ad ends up beeing either oversized or full of noise.

Any presets or app tips?
        Whether Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign, the ad is converted into 250x500 pixels, so you might as well build it in Photoshop. The trick is getting it to compress down as a JPEG or PNG to under 100 kilobytes. The data in complex imagery, like photos, can't compress as efficiently as solid colors, so squeezing them down to an acceptable size requires tossing out so much information from the image that the quality suffers to unacceptable levels. Solid, flat colors and shapes compress much more efficiently and, consequently, retain more of their original quality.

Comment

There's a lot of info you''re missing for banner ads. Even from above. What info do you have now?

I do this at work now. Sometimes I get to animate things w/javascript even.

Usually any HTML ad has been 200k or under. Stop working for a cheap skate (it can be done, but that's weaksauce ) Especially if you haven't done it before. There are things to learn. (No I'm not giving you our proprietary shit)
          Last edited by John G; 12-17-2016, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
            Comment on Poster for a school project
            seamas
            I dunno, I think it is worse when the dead headliners DO show up.

Not very sexy imho
            Yesterday, 05:18 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Looking for the graphic designer of a certain graphic
            PrintDriver
            I'm a creature of necessity. A lot of times the end client will want an actual signed release and a real photo credit, so you have to attempt to find the artist.
            Love doing image research for projects....
            Yesterday, 05:10 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Work from UK for an US company
            PrintDriver
            All I can suggest is consult a tax expert in the UK. If your company doesn't mind you moonlighting like this, maybe they could suggest someone for you.
            Income is Income and the Gov always seems...
            Yesterday, 05:05 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Work from UK for an US company
            PrintDriver
            I do business with people in the UK a lot. Because the gig they hire us for is going to be in the US, they time shift their design staff so they are available during US Eastern Time. It's the only way...
            Yesterday, 05:02 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Poster for a school project
            PrintDriver
            Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...
            Yesterday, 04:55 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X