What color should I use for Logo, Rapper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color should I use for Logo, Rapper

My artist name is Yugo King, I know exactly how I want the logo a mash of the letters y and k into one symbol lik eletter, I got the sketch and over it a small crown. What Iīm not sure bout are the colors, which are important is they naturaly will also be the colors of the website, and Iīm holly bout the website.

I want the site to be a place where fans stay for a long time.

Hwere comes the thing, Iīm imagining the brand and logo colors to be blue with some yellow, yellow is known to strain the eye. SO maybe a not bright and more saturated and dark variation of yellow used sparingly for cta and attention ?

Also I never paid for a logo (Donīt inbox me youīre wasting time) so do desigenrs actually scientifically pick shades of colors with meaning or just make a good looking logo, I want to know exactly why the certain type of the color was used.

What do you say about this, and which colors would you use in my position ?

one thing is itīs a relatively original combo as itīs not blue or red like most logos.

Iīm thinking the background of the site to be white.

Hi Yugoking and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think recently we had a whole bunch of logos here with a crown on them. Some college project or something...none were very original.
      A gold crown isn't yellow. Not all crowns are gold.
      Yes designers study color theory. There is a science behind it.

What else are you going to use the logo for besides the website?

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        I think recently we had a whole bunch of logos here with a crown on them. Some college project or something...none were very original.
        A gold crown isn't yellow. Not all crowns are gold.
        Yes designers study color theory. There is a science behind it.

What else are you going to use the logo for besides the website?

itīs not that I think I must use it cause of the crown I just thought it was a pretty combo blue and yellow. On promotional materials and anything that makes sense marketing wise. Just generally as brand colors.

Can you tell me bout it on a website, my logic says the website has the colors of the logo, so is yellow a bad idea when I want to create a strong community and desire for people to spend a lot of the on my website, forums ect lotīs of content ?

Comment

So my main question is if blue with sparing yellow works for a website where I want a strong community and people to feel calm and stay or is yellow a bad choice also generally what rules would you follow for a rapper, call it agressive content say street rap doesnīt have to be extreme or always hard but overal street rap. oO what fits me and what acomplishes the goal of a super site where people love to spend hours or many minutes at and come regulary.

Does white background with lots of blue and a little yellow work for this or would you go with something else.

Comment

Golden yellow and dark brown? Strength warmth and richness.

Knowing color theory is a must! And there's lots & lots of ways to play it.

Sorry, there's no easy button for this one. Artists have paid with their lives for this shit. But having said that, basically speaking colors trigger emotion. Color combos can be harmonious to discordant.

Do you want to excite or calm the viewer?

And as fate would it, tonight I was just watching a vid on another master of color:

Beksiński Audio Tapes - 02 - The Colors
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CL9Mo_iyhg

((Donīt inbox me youīre wasting time))

Last edited by bigdata; 11-27-2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

You seem hung up on the colors used and wanting people to stay.
              If the motif isn't annoying, and the content is good, people with stay, no matter what colors you use. Conversely if the content is bad, no color combination is going to make them stay.

Are you using photoshop to design your masterpiece? That would be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                You seem hung up on the colors used and wanting people to stay.
                If the motif isn't annoying, and the content is good, people with stay, no matter what colors you use. Conversely if the content is bad, no color combination is going to make them stay.

Are you using photoshop to design your masterpiece? That would be a bad idea.

Iīm a rapper not a designer, Iīm gonna pay someone of freelancer.

The donīt inbox me part wasnīt aroggant but I donīt want the design right now so no need to talk about it itīs literaly wasting your time too as I wonīt purchase it.

Comment

• KitchWitch
                  KitchWitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So you want us to help you design the logo for free, and then you'll pay someone else to create it?

Originally posted by bigdata View Post
                Golden yellow and dark brown? Strength warmth and richness.

Knowing color theory is a must! And there's lots & lots of ways to play it.

Sorry, there's no easy button for this one. Artists have paid with their lives for this shit. But having said that, basically speaking colors trigger emotion. Color combos can be harmonious to discordant.

Do you want to excite or calm the viewer?

And as fate would it, tonight I was just watching a vid on another master of color:

Beksiński Audio Tapes - 02 - The Colors
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CL9Mo_iyhg

((Donīt inbox me youīre wasting time))

Yellow dark brown doesnīt feel right for a rapper, not sure, I was looking to get educated and general safe to say ideas for a street rapper, which colors make sense, and if my subjective idea for blue yellow was good, as for the content keeping the people yes true still that doesnīt mean that I canīt optimize the colors to achive may goal further.

Comment

Logos should always be designed in Black and White, if it looks good in Black and White you can think of colouring the Logo. The best Logos are simple ones.

Comment

KitchWitch is it not legitimate to discuss logo options on a design forum ? Youīre not literally designing it for me, or does asking bout designs mean I have to hire someone from the forum ? These questions are more like statements from me.

Also I didnīt decide the rap name yet plus am not ready to start my career right now, so I asume Iīll need it on a few months, so if you inbox me right now no matter who you are Iīm not actualy buying from anyone, this forum or any other source.

Comment

Okay, we get it. Your inbox is out.
                      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by yugoking View Post
                        KitchWitch is it not legitimate to discuss logo options on a design forum ? Youīre not literally designing it for me, or does asking bout designs mean I have to hire someone from the forum ? These questions are more like statements from me.
                        We discuss logo options on the forum all the time, mainly in the form of feedback for existing designs or logos in progress. The impression I'm getting from your post is that you'd like us to help you finalize your concept (something that is part of what a paid designer does) so you can hire someone to execute that design at a later date. If I have the wrong impression, you have my apologies.

Originally posted by yugoking View Post
                        Also I didnīt decide the rap name yet plus am not ready to start my career right now, so I asume Iīll need it on a few months, so if you inbox me right now no matter who you are Iīm not actualy buying from anyone, this forum or any other source.
                        You have six posts. You literally cannot get PMs on this forum yet. If you were to decide to hire someone from this forum, all communication would have to take place via an email address you would provide. Since you haven't posted a classified ad or an email address, no worries.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I donīt mind people from here emailing me. I literally got 7-8 inboxes about web design out of nowhere, donīt know which site I used. Thatīs why I said it.

Yes this was concept discussion, on a graphic forum, is that bad ? How ?

Comment

• KitchWitch
                            KitchWitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Asking us to help you develop a concept is asking for free work. Concept is 90% of logo design. Usually people post images of logos they have in progress and we give feedback on that. It would be similar to me asking you to help me write a rap song for free, instead of asking for your opinion on a song I've already written.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright Đ 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X