Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which should be the preferred color combination for Logo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which should be the preferred color combination for Logo?

Hello Friends,

Firstly I would like to apologize if I am asking question in wrong thread. I have to design a Logo but I am having one question. I should design logo using Black & White or should prefer colorful logo?
    https://www.behance.net/ohdesignstudio

What is your level of expertise in designing logos?

Comment

You won't use "white," but seeing as a logo must be able to live in a single-color space, it is prudent, (or as I would assert, mandatory), to design the mark in black only. That's the logo. Any other treatments with color, effects, etc., may be applied later on a per-application, per-campaign basis. If you're accepting client work that involves logo design, you should already know this.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

It's long past the point where the use of most logos is confined to just one color. Even so, a good logo needs to be flexible enough to work in a variety of situations from just black and white to full color.

That being the case, several versions of the same logo are usually necessary. When designing a logo, it's important to consider all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
          It's long past the point where the use of most logos is confined to just one color.
          Not sure if that's aimed as a rebuttal to my post, but if it is, I never meant to suggest any form of "confinement" to one color, but rather the fact that single-color applications are (perhaps not fully) inescapable in the mundane-but-common realms of legal/technical documentation, non-retail packaging, etc. So, I framed it as a prudent (or in my workflow, mandatory) strategy to design to that lowest common denominator first, and build more personality from there. Expected or not, a design that doesn't work in one color right from the beginning always ends up grudgingly stripped and compromised later, when the single-color application rears its ugly head.

I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by HotButton View Post
            Not sure if that's aimed as a rebuttal to my post, but if it is, I never meant to suggest...
            Nope, it definitely wasn't a rebuttal to your post. I was elaborating on what you said because I agree with it.

For what it's worth, over the past several years I've changed my workflow on logo design just a little in response to the changes that technology has created in printing and electronic displays. Since the large majority of instances when logos are used now have full-color capabilities, I've started designing many logos (depending on the client's needs), first, in color, but with an eye to how they can be modified for use in one-color situations. This is the opposite of how I would have done it 15 or 20 years ago.

For example, this week, I'm coming up with the visual branding for a company that's developed a new algorithm for 3D modeling in the automobile manufacturing industry. Given the nature of the company, I need to think past B&W to how the logo can be animated in 3D. Given that in this instance, a 3D logo is just as important as a one-color version, it seems prudent to think of both simultaneously instead of focusing on a one-color version that, subsequently, needs to be retrofitted for full color and 3D.

Comment

Every logo color, including black and white, has implications for logo designing. As a designer you need to pick your logo colors carefully to convey right message through symbols and typography.

Comment

i hope this will help
                It is necessary to respect several logo building rules:
                - the future logo must be usable on a wide variety of media,
                - be easily memorable,
                - as timeless as possible to last in time
                - and above all operate in black and white Mainly printing.

Comment

Hi Hina and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Splashsky
                    Advice on simple banking-style design
                    Splashsky
                    So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
                    Today, 12:10 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                    PrintDriver
                    Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
                    The Output.
                    As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
                    Today, 08:46 AM
                  • Peter3v
                    Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
                    Peter3v
                    Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
                    Today, 06:52 AM
                  • Breanne.C
                    Reply to Helloooooo!
                    Breanne.C
                    Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
                    Yesterday, 10:29 PM
                  • Breanne.C
                    Reply to Font ID Please
                    Breanne.C
                    Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
                    Yesterday, 10:14 PM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X