Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From bricklayer to webdesigner. Is it possible to make this career change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From bricklayer to webdesigner. Is it possible to make this career change?

Hello everyone.
    My name is Tom and I've been laying bricks for over 10 years now and I've recently started blogging to share my bricklaying knowledge.
    Due to back issues I was forced to stay home and decided to share some of my skills digital.
    As I'm new to blogging and have butterfingers when it comes to computers, my friend has been helping me with setting up my first website and giving me tips to improve the site. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks that i can use to improve my website.
    It would be great if you can leave some feedback either positive or negative.
    Any feedback is welcome. Personally I think that the layout is okay, but the posts can be improved a bit more. Maybe I should create a better overview but that's why i turned here for any advice.

Please have a look at my website: https://bricklaying.allaboutzone.com

Thanks for having a look.

Cheers!!
    Tom Taylor
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 02-23-2017, 09:12 AM. Reason: removed share request

Hi Tom and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hey Tom,

I'm sorry to hear physical limitations pushed you out of your profession. I'm not really sure about the nature of your question with respect to "career change," but as for blogging in general, I'd like to see more emphasis on the quality of the writing. I mean, I can get past some questionable layout or page design issues—many of which are only a matter of opinion or taste anyway—but the reason I'm there is to read something. As much as I despise the notion of paraphrasing this often-mis-credited quote yet again, design isn't only the way it looks...

I only read a couple of your pieces, and while the information all seems competent if not authoritative, there are a LOT of grammatical errors. No matter your skill level, the first rule of writing for public consumption: get someone you trust to proofread it first.

Best of luck to you.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X