Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Design Critique/Feedback Request

First off wanna say hello to everyone.

I'm basically a web designer and developer. I've been web designing since ages and I have unwavering passion for building websites for entrepreneurs & corporations. Because I'm a do-it-all guy off lately, I started paying interest to make websites SEO friendly. I tried to optimize one of my business website http://www.hafoos.com and managed to rank it on some low competition keywords but I know there's a lot of work that still needs to be done. Can you pros give insights on what I should work on to improve it's rankings?

Also from a web designing point of view, kindly advise as to what I'm missing on our site or what needs to be corrected from a user, customer point? Is the mobile version ok? Please look it over and let me know what needs to be fixed and what catches your eye.

Please feel free to give strict pointers. I want to know if I'm doing it all wrong or if I'm on the right track. I can really take any negatives on the chin as I'm totally aware it'll help me to improvise myself, so please go ahead.

Thanks!

Hi Crusie05 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I know about 1% of what there is to know about SEO and I won't touch it because it's become quite complicated and technical. Keywords are the tip of the tip of the iceberg. What I do know I learned from a two-hour SEO talk a couple years ago and this is what I learned:
      • Most people aim to rank high on Google because that's what most people use. Therefore, everything below has to do with following Google's rules.
      • Google uses matrices to rank websites and changes the matrices every six months or so. They don't announce this or publicize what they've changed. There are people whose full time job is to decode their matrices.
      • Google's aim is to rank legitimate websites higher than ones that have been manipulated to get higher in the rankings. So, for example, loading a website with too many backlinks will drop it down the list. And some things you can't hack, like how long a domain has been around. A domain that was registered in 2002 will get more points than one created in 2016.
      • Don't try to fool Google. They don't care who you are. Look up what happened to JCPenny; Google practically brought them down. They'll take out little companies too, they don't care, just don't try to get around their rules 'cause they'll ban you without a second thought.
      • SEO is ongoing work. Websites will slowly drop down the rank if their SEO isn't managed on a regular basis.
      Good luck. If you manage to break into SEO it's a great career to have these days as everyone is looking to get higher in the rankings. But it's no longer just a game of keywords.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X