Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

What do you think about design of this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about design of this site

Good day.
    What you think and what I need to improve?
    Site: http://wezom.com/

The design of the site showcases skill. If your customers are other designers, they are going to appreciate the look of your site.

If you are selling web and app development I don't see you getting many leads with the current layout of your site.

Think like your customer. Your customer goes on Google and searches "my company needs an app". Your customer scrolls through a few listings and stumbles upon your site. He then sees a photo of a girl bedding over backwards with side boob with the words "appearance and functionality" "order our service". Your customer has no idea what your service is and decides to leave your page before even scrolling down.

A mistake a lot of designers make with web design is the full page header. They look nice and I've even used them on other sites, but you need to think, is your audience actually going to scroll down on your page? Do you want your potential customer to have to scroll to see what you can do for them? Or would it be better to make your header half the height it is now so that the important content sits above the fold?

Comment

Hello! Thank you for sharing the website.I like such a template a lot really. It looks cool!

Comment

Hi EDRsoft and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Picking up on what Calebninja said, the site — especially the front page — seems more about showcasing technical virtuosity than it does in demonstrating how you can address client concerns and solve their problems.

To an extent, there's nothing wrong with demonstrating gee-whiz abilities, but clients, from my long experience, are far more impressed with designers who help them achieve business objectives. The fancy stuff looks nice and makes an impression, but in the end most clients will be asking themselves how you can help them sell more widgets.

Just my perspective, but I suspect your focus on widget selling has taken a back seat to demonstrating design and technical pizzazz. From this perspective, failing to position your site to target your own prospective clients' concerns might very well demonstrate an inability to design for your clients' audience.

The inside pages don't have the wizardry overpowering the functionality problem, but the copywriting and attention to detail leaves something to be desired. It's not terrible, but it's obviously not crossed the desk of a good editor. The copy is a bit awkward and doesn't flow well in places. Again, it's not terrible, but you're positioning your company as a high-end firm that specializes in top-notch work. In doing so, the less-than-high-end copywriting stands out like a giant, throbbing sore thumb. I know many designers and developers don't like to deal with it, but good writing is an absolutely essential part of good web design.
            Last edited by B; 04-23-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I agree with a lot of what has been said here.

When I have designed sites, one of the key issues is always the FLOW. Not just design flow (which is important, but different from what I'm talking about), but also the flow / fluidity with which the pages scroll, images swap out, etc.. I noticed that when scrolling down there is a jerkiness to the scroll...it is not smooth. I also noticed that when it first loaded it took more than a few seconds. I am on high speed xfinity and that shouldn't be the case. I would check optimization of color if these are stacked images or check your script if this is Flash intensive, and also use the eyedropper tool to limit the colors spectrum and to force shades into the same color hex. Also, when I scroll I was expecting each color bar (individual category) to justify to the top of the screen as it appeared from the bottom...like they wanted to smoothly glide and lock into place. For example, when I'm looking at "Web Development" there shouldn't be a cut-off partial view of "Web Promotion" below it. Maybe allow navigation function to appear below where you can further explore "Web Development" or choose to continue scrolling down to "Web Promotion. These are just thoughts, but the time to load, jerkiness in scrolling and partial headers showing below each other jumped out at me as unrefined and not quite done.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion. I'll try to fix it.

Comment

Your website looks good and the banners are also effective. But little suggestion is the website appears clumsy. Just try to keep the website simple and neat.

Comment

It also feels a bit busy and unorganized. I didn't really get graphic design from seeing it. That said, it does look professional. I'm just not fully getting the intended message from what you've presented.

Comment

Is a excellent design used in your site.

Comment

So now i will did some new design for website,pls check https://wezom.com/ and what do you think?

Comment

I can't remember what the original version looked like, but after reading through my previous concerns, I no longer have those concerns with your new design. At first glance, I actually quite like it. I'm a little short on time right now, but perhaps later, I'll give it a more thorough look.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• sumon_77
                            What do you guys think about this designe ?
                            sumon_77

What do you guys think about this gig design ?...
                            Today, 06:36 AM
                          • sumon_77
                            Reply to T-shirt designe
                            sumon_77
                            i like it so much....
                            Today, 06:22 AM
                          • MattCarson
                            Reply to Any similar font?
                            MattCarson
                            hello Troep, do you search it in google font? If you are not searched search still now, then do it. I don't tell you that you find that font but I hope you should find a similar one.
                            Today, 04:09 AM
                          • B
                            Reply to Freelancing - Going out on your own
                            B
                            I've always had a side business doing work for various clients, but I've never bitten the bullet and taken the chance of doing it full-time. Honestly, I'm a little envious of you. Good luck!
                            Yesterday, 11:52 PM
                          • Jess_
                            Freelancing - Going out on your own
                            Jess_
                            After 10 years of working for other people as a graphic designer I've decided to go out on my own! I'm not going to to quit my full-time design job until I have everything lined-up but I've made up my...
                            Yesterday, 10:21 PM
                          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                          Working...
                          X