Can you rate my logo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you rate my logo?

Can you rate my logo for my upcoming website? Independent Record Label. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hi Grecords and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

Did you design this logo?
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by GRECORDS View Post
      Can you rate my logo?
      Rate it? Without a lot more information about the label, its artists, its markets, etc., there is no way to rate its potential effectiveness. All one could do by just looking at it is rate it in terms of mechanical execution, and I'm sorry, but it would get pretty low marks from me. It's lifeless and unreadable.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

That's an illustration, not a logo. And it contains transparency, which is another downcheck.
        As for its market effectiveness, what HB said.

Comment

Where did you get the car image?
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• PrintDriver
            PrintDriver commented
            Editing a comment
            That particular image, which is never vector and usually quite small as an image, is on several of the more dubious ''we only host'' clipart sites. It is also on Pixabay notated as free for commercial use. However, given that it is all over the place, it would take some work to find the original provenance and given that it's clipart, certainly not useful for a logo (most clipart licensing on a normal stock site would prohibit logo use in the license language.)

I can't decided whether that's a 1959 Pontiac Bonneville or Parisienne -- probably a Bonneville.

Either way, free clip art or not, using it as a logo is a clear trademark violation. I mean, come on, your proposed logo even contains Pontiac's logo. Of course Pontiacs haven't been manufactured for seven or eight years, so I don't know if General Motors' attorneys would bother with a cease and desist letter. Still I wouldn't tempt fate. You wouldn't win the lawsuit, so I'd suggest not using it.

Aside from all that, as others have said, it's widely available clip art, which would also rule it out for use in a logo for any one of a dozen different reasons. And to top it off, the clip art's been squished horizontally to the point where the round headlines are ovals. Besides, the typography is virtually unreadable and the color combination is, if anything, dreary and depressing.

Even without the extra information that HotButton correctly stated is needed to judge a logo, I'd rate this one a failure. Sorry.

Comment

I don't like the font. Car and text as two different pictures.

As for me, I'm a beginner designer and sometimes I draw inspiration from https://www.logaster.com/gallery/car-logo/. I like what they do. I advise you to take a closer look.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X