Would like critique of my site.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like critique of my site.

Hi, my name is josh jenkins, I've been designing for a while but this is my first website. I wanted to create a project that I could hone my design, layout, writing, art direction, world building skills. It's a story of the next 100 years told though news articles, infographics, logo design, etc. I started learning web development 3 weeks ago so I have a lot to learn. Hopefully I can get some advice here. Thank you to anybody that puts in the time to help me. I look forward to it, the site is http://www.thehandunseen.com

Hi Josh and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I am no expert at web design, but it looks good in my opinion. I especially like the buttons in the center that you hover over to reveal information. It is a really clean design.

Comment

This is really cool!

Hard to judge it from a web standpoint because it's more of a creative project than a website.

I really like it though. I only read the headlines of the story, but I like the creative layout and feel of the site.

Comment

Generally like it a lot. Pretty different and that's cool.

Was thinking that I might like it better if I didn't have to click on the icons, that content would appear as you scroll down.

Low marks for communication though. Couldn't really tell at a glance what the site was about, and not interesting enough to put effort into figuring it out.

Comment

Make it reveal on scroll. Not on roll over of the center. I ended up doing the fromer. I know that kind of sucks to find an event for, but I scrolled all the way down before I saw anything.

Scrolled on a touch pad so the pointer stayed in the same position.

Otherwise the idea is fairly neat btw =p
            Last edited by John G; 06-24-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Only the one instance where the marker line didn't go to the first paragraph marred what was a really fun experience.
              I sort of like the story premise too. Are you going to continue it?

Comment

Most websites look quite a bit alike. Yours is different, which is good. Even so, the interface isn't necessary intuitive and its purpose might be something of a mystery to someone stumbling across it. In other words, despite it being creative and innovative, it might not make quite as much sense as it ought to. Or maybe it's just me being a bit slow in picking up on things.

Comment

I totally agree with parxis11. The content should appear as you scroll.

Comment

it's not convenient for visitors reading the contents. it should appear as you scroll. what's more, this kind of website seems better for business like medical,perfume selling and other small business which can attract customer's attention at first click.

Comment

Hi Ultrawisetech and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Your site looks classic and can you add the Chapter Zero instead of chapter0

Comment

So I fugured out how to make posts appear on scroll. I would never have considered this if not for the help of you guys. Still got a ways to go but would not have gotten to this point without the advice I got here. I can not tell you how thankful I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Wolf View Post
                            Your site looks classic and can you add the Chapter Zero instead of chapter0

Hi Red Wolf and welcome to GDF.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hi Victoranomolous,

What method did you use to build your website? What platform?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X