[Feedback] Our new website design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feedback] Our new website design

Hi guys! Glad to be part of the GDF I came here with a question.

I am designing a new website design for our company. I chose to use a part of our logo (hexagon) as a global element in the design, but now i'm stuck with the header/hero section. :-)
    Could you guys give some feedback and maybe have ideas to bring in some life in the design?

Thanks in advance!
    Thomas

Link to an image:
    https://ibb.co/iRSyza

Hi ThomasV and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I see this with a whooooole bunch of designs.
      Go look at your site on a ginormous screen. 2048xh. (=p I've got 3 of them, gamer= what what!)
      How's that background looking? Is that what you want?

The bg effect isn't bad. Just not great. It's still a top to bottom site though.
      Nothing wrong with that. But don't expect a job at google. Unless you have a hookup. In which case: heya budy!
      Last edited by John G; 07-09-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Looks like an ad.
        The website runs up the middle of my screen too with a lot of white to either side on a macbook. Pretty old-school. The ''read what our clients say about us'' is borked. Only one shows and if it's supposed to scroll it doesn't.

You sell a technology app? Is this the best you tech wizards can do?
        Not interested.

Comment

The pieces of hexagons don't look like hexagons. Instead, they're just oddly awkward background shapes. The large areas of empty space aren't welcome respites of well-integrated negative space they seem more like areas of empty loneliness. The type is so small on a mobile device that it's all but impossible to read, but maybe that's because this is just a prototype. Assuming that's the case, I won't dwell on the writing, but it also needs improvement.

Comment

• PrintDriver
            PrintDriver commented
            Editing a comment
            The copy on their up and running website isn't all that great either. I gather this is not a US company. They need a proofreader that knows English.

I like the background paint effect behind the screens. Really nice.

Agree that the copy needs a little work.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for responding and giving feedback.
            I should have given a bit more insight before asking feedback.

- Our goal is to create a homepage that is not an overload of text/info. We are trying to create something that scrolls easy to the eye and perhaps triggers yet does not shout out blank space.
            - Our thoughts behind this are the 'human' aspect; hence the watercolor art. We want to paint a picture, create something and talk to you as a person.
            - We are not trying to design something extremely unique or daring out of the box, but we do want to create our own style.

- We are NOT asking to create something for us; just useful tips or a direction in which we can go further

PrintDriver

- The website runs up the middle of my screen too with a lot of white to either side on a macbook. Pretty old-school.
            Yes, what I should have asked is; do you guys have any feedback or tips on how to use this white space better or fill this white space without the design getting to full or distracting?

The ''read what our clients say about us'' is borked. Only one shows and if it's supposed to scroll it doesn't. You sell a technology app? Is this the best you tech wizards can do?

This is just the design in such an early state that no technology is applied yet. We just feel we are a little stuck, hence the reaching out.

@B

The large areas of empty space aren't welcome respites of well-integrated negative space they seem more like areas of empty loneliness.

Thank you for this feedback; would you have any tips on how to use this in our advantage? What to apply here or how to resolve?

Assuming that's the case, I won't dwell on the writing, but it also needs improvement.
            The copy on their up and running website isn't all that great either. I gather this is not a US company. They need a proofreader that knows English.

Thank you, we are aware of that indeed, we are open to corrections. Unf. for our current website we hired a professional translating agency. Guess that money is down the drain...

Best,
            Thomas

Comment

For the beginner's point of view, you should be updated with that what is going on web designing? for getting the more details web designing training is the best option.
              All the Best !!

Comment

Hi Rahul and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                  Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
                  PanToshi
                  Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
                • B
                  Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
                  B
                  Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
                  Today, 12:57 PM
                • Arka-Software
                  Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                  Arka-Software
                  There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
                  Today, 12:46 PM
                • PrintDriver
                  Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                  PrintDriver
                  You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
                  Today, 09:10 AM
                • KitchWitch
                  Reply to New in Here
                  KitchWitch
                  Hi Asif_shawon and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                  Today, 09:09 AM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X