Need a new Site Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new Site Builder

I'm new here, so if I'm breaking any forum rules, let me know.
    Anyways, here is my current site, built with Squarespace:

http://othersideproductions.net/

Personally, I love Squarespace, and I love how my site looks even more. However, I was unaware their starting costs ($144 initial fee + $20 for domain) are both annual (I thought just the domain renewal was annual). The plan was to make enough money through design work to be able to afford the site, but that didn't work out (business is a tad slow). Now, to avoid paying that $144 again, I am looking for a new site builder that won't empty my wallet, but still be able to produce a quality website. Anyone have any suggestions (besides Wixx)?

Hi Rustle and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

This reply might be a bit late, but you can use a CMS like Joomla!, Drupal or Wordpress. All three are 100% free. You'd just have to pay a hosting provider for the domain registration and some yearly fees for a webhosting package.

Comment

RustleMeNot your website is good but there are fewer numbers of content. According to me, you should increase quality content on the website.

Comment

Notepad works. Just save the files as CSS, HTML, and JS. Doubleclick and open in a browser (tadaaa).
          Your editor will supply code hints. (Notepad++ maybe, whatever, your choice). Your site probably uses bootstrap (css and js files the site loads by default (before you overwrite them)).

HTML coding is really um, easy to code yourself while seeing your results. The hosting is the PITA (you can host it all yourself too; no habla that type of net stuff here, that stuff is confusing).

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
            Helloooooo!
            Breanne.C
            Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
            Today, 05:31 PM
          • Breanne.C
            Font ID Please
            Breanne.C
            Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Today, 03:56 PM
          • chikisg84
            Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
            chikisg84
            Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
            Today, 03:32 PM
          • Biggs097
            Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
            Biggs097
            Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
            StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
            Today, 02:42 PM
          • B
            Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
            B
            Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
            Today, 02:11 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X