X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustleMeNot
    started a topic Need a new Site Builder

Need a new Site Builder

I'm new here, so if I'm breaking any forum rules, let me know.
    Anyways, here is my current site, built with Squarespace:

http://othersideproductions.net/

Personally, I love Squarespace, and I love how my site looks even more. However, I was unaware their starting costs ($144 initial fee + $20 for domain) are both annual (I thought just the domain renewal was annual). The plan was to make enough money through design work to be able to afford the site, but that didn't work out (business is a tad slow). Now, to avoid paying that $144 again, I am looking for a new site builder that won't empty my wallet, but still be able to produce a quality website. Anyone have any suggestions (besides Wixx)?

• John G
    replied
    Notepad works. Just save the files as CSS, HTML, and JS. Doubleclick and open in a browser (tadaaa).
    Your editor will supply code hints. (Notepad++ maybe, whatever, your choice). Your site probably uses bootstrap (css and js files the site loads by default (before you overwrite them)).

HTML coding is really um, easy to code yourself while seeing your results. The hosting is the PITA (you can host it all yourself too; no habla that type of net stuff here, that stuff is confusing).

Leave a comment:

• mixlikes
    replied
    RustleMeNot your website is good but there are fewer numbers of content. According to me, you should increase quality content on the website.

Leave a comment:

• RMo
    replied
    This reply might be a bit late, but you can use a CMS like Joomla!, Drupal or Wordpress. All three are 100% free. You'd just have to pay a hosting provider for the domain registration and some yearly fees for a webhosting package.

Leave a comment:

• KitchWitch
    replied
    Hi Rustle and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X