What do you think of my website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of my website?

Hello, My name is Natalya, I made this website for my friend and wonderful violonist, it's my second site I would be very geatefull if you give me any advice to improve it or just tell me what do you think .
    www.savkinaanna.com

Hello Natalya , whilst i could not read russian It is a very clean simple to the point site i do like the look and colours of it however i did pick up one or two little issues on your site.

1) on the main page when sizing the view width below 800px you start losing the image of your frient to the side margin to where her face is offscreen
    < as you know most mobile devices operate under 800px - consider a image swag with <picture> at about 800 px

2) your image is heavy and could look the same at a smaller byte size , learn about optimisation of compressing images.

3)When scrolling down the second navbar tab your text z-index is higher than your header- ( it overruns the header instead of going behind).

4) IF you are going to have so many videos on your site , use java script to place a static image there ( with a link to the vid) and not load the video resource until it is clicked on , otherwise i can see the site becoming very heavy quickly .

These are small issues that you can fix in a few minutes , i like that you keeping it so minimal i love the logo its classy and the grey is classy good job !

Best of luck Risen
    Last edited by Risen28; 07-24-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Hello Risen Thank you very much for your help! Could you give me some example for it? I'm not sure I understand how it looks.

4) IF you are going to have so many videos on your site , use java script to place a static image there ( with a link to the vid) and not load the video resource until it is clicked on , otherwise i can see the site becoming very heavy quickly .

Comment

The website is simple, but nice. I'm also amazed by Anna Savina. She's so young, yet so talented.

I agree with Risen28 that the large images could be compressed more to make them load faster on slower internet connections.

Just a few writing suggestions...

In the English menu, you've written, "A PHOTO," when it really should say "PHOTOS."

In the last paragraph of the first page of the English version, you've mistakenly referred to Anna as He instead of She.

On that same front page, you've started out the text with a hyphen, which breaks a few writing rules. Interesting, Google's Russian-to-English translation of that first paragraph on the front page reads better than your actual English version. I might suggest using it instead. In your credit line, Web design should be two words, not one.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Heres a whole tutorial on it its really worth persuing and easy once you get one right http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...outube-videos/

Comment

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

You need to think more about the positioning of the image. On some screen sizes it looks a little off. Also try to keep the navigation in the same position (and place the image underneath it).

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X