Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does AMP work? It is important for Business People?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does AMP work? It is important for Business People?

How AMP is important for any business and what to do reach Perfect AMP.

Hi Rajeshwari and welcome to GDF.

Are you talking about advanced management programs?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Never heard of it.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

^^^ Yea, wtf is an AMP (besides something to make a speaker play louder (I can help you there) =p).

Comment

If you keep asking what it is, I'm sure the OP will provide a link to some app or service for you, eventually.

It's "Accelerated Mobile Pages"
          There are several uses of it out there.
          Here's a scathingly astute argument against it (which I happen to agree with 100%)
          https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...p_bad_bad_bad/
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-08-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I'm not quite as down on Google's AMP as the article's author is. I don't see it as a nefarious plot by Google to homogenous the web and gain more control, but I have no plans to use it.

If Google were a smaller company that already didn't dominate so much of what the internet has become, AMP could be a useful tool for some. Given that's it's Google, though, there's the risk of AMP becoming the standard for mobile pages through the preferential treatment of those pages in Google's all-important search algorithms.

Personally, I have my doubts about Google's AMP catching on. Google, despite their huge successes, has a history of even more failures, like Wave, Glass, Buzz, Lively, etc..

First, if a developer wants to streamline web pages for mobile use, it's easy enough to do without AMP. Second, mobile devices and their connections to the Internet are getting faster all the time, which will ultimately reduce the appeal of radically stripped down mobile content. Third, lots of mobile users want an approximation of the full experience, and they're not looking for sheer speed when it comes to content.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Splashsky
              Advice on simple banking-style design
              Splashsky
              So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
              Today, 12:10 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
              PrintDriver
              Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
              The Output.
              As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
              Today, 08:46 AM
            • Peter3v
              Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
              Peter3v
              Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
              Today, 06:52 AM
            • Breanne.C
              Reply to Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
              Yesterday, 10:29 PM
            • Breanne.C
              Reply to Font ID Please
              Breanne.C
              Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
              Yesterday, 10:14 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X