Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

Review my website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my website

For almost 5years of being a freelancer I notice most of my clients don't want to use the exactly looks of the theme or templates available in the market, so I end up editting the themes to meet the client desire.

Most themes/template I can see now is looks almost the same like flat design, row by row background etc. That is why I launched my own site where I showcase themes with the old fashion design but still responsive or compatible with all gadgets.

What do you think about my idea?

Any critique and suggestions will be appreciated.

https://www.20dollarthemes.com

Hello. I just saw your website. Well it's quite interesting but I found green color(in header portion) to be somewhat striking to the eyes of viewer. I would suggest to change that as user first checks if he/she is comfortable with the user interface or not and then only they move further. Except that, everything seems to be good. Good luck!

Thanks,
    Kinjal Kaushik

Comment

Hi Kinjal and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hey,
        • as kinjal already pointed out the bright green image really draws attention. I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing .
        • In the recent themes section, it feels like the 'read-more' buttons don't belong to the corresponding image.
        • It would be great if the .menu-toggle button has 100% width on mobile.
        • The yellow of the register / Log in buttons feel a bit out of place (since it's the only element in that color)
        PS: If you have some time, I would appreciate some feedback on my site as well, since I never got any yet: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...verall-website

Comment

I have a few recommendations for you:

1. Logo is not trendy. Look for some articles about modern logo designs and maybe find some inspiration.
          2. In my opinion, title (Logo) is too big in comparison to other content.
          3. Fonts are very small (e.g. register and login words are super small)
          4. Line height does not meet the standards. For instance, you have the subtitle Fully Responsive and the line height between this subtitle is too small in comparison to the line height between the very content of this block. It should be vice versa in this case - bigger line height between subtitle and the first line and smaller line height between sentences in the very block.
          5. Your contacts (skype and email) are not visible, they are too small + I'd consider adding the word 'Contact me" in there.

Hope this helps

Comment

• PrintDriver
            PrintDriver commented
            Editing a comment
            Logos should never be ''trendy.''
            They should apply to the target demographic and market, not current trends.
            Logos should be relatively timeless.
            Trends End.

The red dot of $20 grabbing an attention.

Comment

Originally posted by ron13315 View Post
            Any critique and suggestions will be appreciated.
            The typos, grammatical errors, and punctuation mistakes in your writing undercut the credibility of what you're offering. If the writing on your site is the best you can do, you really need to hire a copyeditor to clean it up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by voidless View Post
              1. Logo is not trendy. Look for some articles about modern logo designs and maybe find some inspiration.
              I agree that the logo could be improved, but its lack of trendiness is not the problem. Trends come and go, but most business logos need to stand the test of time and not look outdated once the trend has run its course.

Comment

Originally posted by emmawatson8855 View Post
                The red dot of $20 grabbing an attention.

Hi Emmawatson8855 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Did you create these themes?

Comment

Hi all,

Please review my website and give the feedbacks. Please help us to point out the issues in the designs from customer side view. So that we can improve our website and thereby services too.

Thanks

Comment

• KitchWitch
                      KitchWitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you want crit on your site, it would be better to start your own thread. And include a link to the site.

Not bad because is simple and clear, but the green color is too shiny maybe... I would insert an slide also. About the templates, Restocate is the one I like the most.

Comment

Hi Jimmark and Webbingbcn and welcome to GDF.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
                        Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
                        B
                        I'm guessing that renting a party girl means exactly what one might suspect.

As for the logo, it looks like a peel-off sticker of some kind. The type is mathematically centered, but visually...
                        Today, 09:07 PM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to migrating or going away?
                        PrintDriver
                        Merit badges? Really?
                        We'll see what happens I guess.
                        Today, 08:19 PM
                      • B
                        Reply to migrating or going away?
                        B
                        The project manager, Iraszi, from the company that owns the forum, says the company decided to shut down the forum. He's taken the initiative to set up a new, independent forum that isn't owned by the...
                        Today, 07:55 PM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to What do you guys think about this designe ?
                        PrintDriver
                        What do you mean by ''gig design''?

As for the thing itself, I might put Perth on its own line under Party Girls. The whole thing kind of gives a mixed message. Is it a modeling agency? Is...
                        Today, 07:34 PM
                      • PrintDriver
                        migrating or going away?
                        PrintDriver
                        Is this forum migrating to the new or going away and starting over?
                        Today, 07:30 PM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X