New front page AGAIN!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New front page AGAIN!

If anyone has time how does this one look?

www.senjula.com

geesh I wish I could be happy with a homepage one of these days....
    www.senjula.com

I think the red and blue background takes away from the images. Maybe just a neater arrangement of the images and leave background black? Less is more?

Comment

I might go without the border. Also, links open in a new window but you then have a link that leads that new window back home again, that's confusing. Either put a link that closes the window, or dont open each link in a new window. My 2 cents.
      The premier New York Rangers forum on the web

Comment

Okay I took off the border...have to figure how to work it so it doesnt open in a new window...brain not clear yet...Balou I changed the blobs in the back to a lighter color, dont want to quite loose them yet, I am hoping this color will make the images stand out more as opposed to taking away.....or do you think it is still too much?
        www.senjula.com

Comment

Hmm, now they're not opening in a new window. perhaps I dragged the mouse slightly when clicking before, that'll open in a new tab in my browser. Anyway it's MUCH better without the border. Far more striking! I like it!

Comment

that is why you had me so confused...So it wasnt a brain lasp...I kept saying what new window!!! ha ha ha....now the darn pic is so big and every time I try to resize it Pixel Demons are emerging...glad it looks better must get it smaller....
            www.senjula.com

Comment

Geez, everyone's so hung up on size . I like it as is but then I use a fairly large screen and res. 1152x864 on a 20" monitor

Comment

nope not hung up on size...I just wanted it a wee bit smaller and now it is...just a tad...got rid of pixel demons...I just did not want it filliing the whole monitor....thats all...no hang ups here
                www.senjula.com

Comment

I was joking. I do that at least every other post . Site looks very good. This is definitley the best yet in my opinion.

Comment

Thank you very Much!!! I decided to eliminate some of the older, flat, lifeless, and so on illustrations I had and go with my newer ones, hopefully that will also help things out....
                    www.senjula.com

Comment

hey senjula, it's looking nice! The only suggestion I have for you is that the font you've chosen for your title may not be available on many machines. A quick peek at your source and this for example:

Code:
                      .style46 {font-size: 36px; color: #FF0000; font-family: Pristina, Perpetua, "Rage Italic", Gautami, Latha, Shruti;}
                      These fonts fall outside what we call "web-safe fonts" -- the user MUST have them installed on their machines to interpret them correctly. You would be better off creating a graphic. If the user doesn't have any of those fonts, it will show the default which is most likely Times New Roman.
                      Last edited by EC; 05-29-2006, 04:57 PM. Reason: typo rehab program
                      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

I didn't even notice that, EC, good catch. Never heard of that font either

Comment

I've never heard of the last three.
                          You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

I never heard of any of 'em but I sure like the sound of "rage italic"

Comment

LOL...I ment to add just one to Dreamweaver and I was over clicking so it installed them in one grouping...will probably default on most computers...I will add a graphic tommorrow..thanks
                              www.senjula.com

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asdasd
                                NEW Simplified Logo for Travel Guide
                                asdasd
                                This is for a travel guide.

Based on the feedback I've got, here it is a simpler version:

Thanks everyone for any thoughts or suggestions....
                                Yesterday, 11:41 PM
                              • asdasd
                                Reply to Logo design feedback for travel guide
                                asdasd
                                Thanks for the feedback!

Based on the feedback I've got, I made a simpler version and uploaded it in a new thread.

Please check it and tell me what you guys think about it....
                                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                              • B
                                Comment on Making vector art with a natural look
                                B
                                Yeah, I keep forgetting this is a student forum and tend to give advice as though it's a real-world situation.

The original post was about a school assignment to convert raster art into vector...
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Buda
                                Comment on Menu Concept for Portfolio feedback
                                Buda
                                If this is a printed menu and not interactive with rollovers, the first burger shouldn't be highlighted.
                                Yesterday, 07:49 PM
                              • Buda
                                Reply to Online portfolio Feedback
                                Buda
                                Hi Guilhem, the website is very slow to load. If I was a client I would not wait that long for the images to come up. Your images haven't been optimised for web. You need to replace them all with web...
                                Yesterday, 07:48 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X