Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Vendor Creative
    kemingMatters
    Hi GDGD and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 02:48 PM
  • GDGD
    Vendor Creative
    GDGD
    Does anybody know if there are rules about changing flyer creative received from a vendor's agency? We get a lot of "vendor creative" and I provide our specs regarding file format and minimum...
    Today, 02:41 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    <b>
    Readability -- especially on a poster -- is right up there at the top of what's most important. Your question indicates that you're already seeing problems. Just sort of mostly readable isn't good enough...
    Today, 02:09 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    kemingMatters
    That's a good idea buda
    Today, 02:02 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Custom social icons
    PanToshi
    The "backgrounds" are part of the logo.
    Today, 01:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New front page AGAIN!

If anyone has time how does this one look?

www.senjula.com

geesh I wish I could be happy with a homepage one of these days....
    www.senjula.com

I think the red and blue background takes away from the images. Maybe just a neater arrangement of the images and leave background black? Less is more?

Comment

I might go without the border. Also, links open in a new window but you then have a link that leads that new window back home again, that's confusing. Either put a link that closes the window, or dont open each link in a new window. My 2 cents.
      The premier New York Rangers forum on the web

Comment

Okay I took off the border...have to figure how to work it so it doesnt open in a new window...brain not clear yet...Balou I changed the blobs in the back to a lighter color, dont want to quite loose them yet, I am hoping this color will make the images stand out more as opposed to taking away.....or do you think it is still too much?
        www.senjula.com

Comment

Hmm, now they're not opening in a new window. perhaps I dragged the mouse slightly when clicking before, that'll open in a new tab in my browser. Anyway it's MUCH better without the border. Far more striking! I like it!

Comment

that is why you had me so confused...So it wasnt a brain lasp...I kept saying what new window!!! ha ha ha....now the darn pic is so big and every time I try to resize it Pixel Demons are emerging...glad it looks better must get it smaller....
            www.senjula.com

Comment

Geez, everyone's so hung up on size . I like it as is but then I use a fairly large screen and res. 1152x864 on a 20" monitor

Comment

nope not hung up on size...I just wanted it a wee bit smaller and now it is...just a tad...got rid of pixel demons...I just did not want it filliing the whole monitor....thats all...no hang ups here
                www.senjula.com

Comment

I was joking. I do that at least every other post . Site looks very good. This is definitley the best yet in my opinion.

Comment

Thank you very Much!!! I decided to eliminate some of the older, flat, lifeless, and so on illustrations I had and go with my newer ones, hopefully that will also help things out....
                    www.senjula.com

Comment

hey senjula, it's looking nice! The only suggestion I have for you is that the font you've chosen for your title may not be available on many machines. A quick peek at your source and this for example:

Code:
                      .style46 {font-size: 36px; color: #FF0000; font-family: Pristina, Perpetua, "Rage Italic", Gautami, Latha, Shruti;}
                      These fonts fall outside what we call "web-safe fonts" -- the user MUST have them installed on their machines to interpret them correctly. You would be better off creating a graphic. If the user doesn't have any of those fonts, it will show the default which is most likely Times New Roman.
                      Last edited by EC; 05-29-2006, 09:57 PM. Reason: typo rehab program
                      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

I didn't even notice that, EC, good catch. Never heard of that font either

Comment

I've never heard of the last three.
                          You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

I never heard of any of 'em but I sure like the sound of "rage italic"

Comment

LOL...I ment to add just one to Dreamweaver and I was over clicking so it installed them in one grouping...will probably default on most computers...I will add a graphic tommorrow..thanks
                              www.senjula.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X