No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .htaccess/.htpasswd

I have been working to set up a password protected directory within my site and my ISP recommended using .htaccess.

I have that all set up and it's ok but it seems to cache the password and username after you apply them once. Is there any way to fix this or is this the limit of htaccess?

This does not have to be fort knox - It's just a place for board members to get files that may not be totaly public

-thanks all
    Last edited by dyers78; 10-09-2006, 04:50 PM.
    neat huh?

Latest Topics

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Welcome back!
    It's working, though. Your comment posted about six times.
    Today, 09:19 AM
  • BJMRamage
    Reply to Welcome back!
    Howdy folks....I popped back in today!
    (and yesterday too when I saw the four was back) gotta check this out and see if I can finally update my avatar that is, like, 3 years old.
    Today, 09:17 AM
  • BJMRamage
    Comment on Allie Turns Three Birthday Invitation
    ahh, I was working with a Pink Purple and Teal color swatch, I guess I didn't use Purple any more on the piece. That's the problem with me and colors. especially those colors. it was hard to see what...
    Today, 09:14 AM
  • BJMRamage
    Reply to Allie Turns Three Birthday Invitation
    Thanks. I spotted a missing section on the cookie shadow/bevel that I fixed (probably can't see it too easily on this smaller scale)

Thank you PanToshi!
    Today, 09:10 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Allie Turns Three Birthday Invitation
    Looks great BJ! Not sure if you accidentally have a bit of transparency on the into, it looks purple oppose to pink, and feels a little out of place because the rest of the text is either pink or turquoise....
    Today, 08:59 AM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us