Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Mac vs. PC for websites Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

  • B
    Reply to Personal Logo Concepts
    B
    Cysir, you said this is a personal logo, yet you've used the plural of studio in the logo. Do you really have more than one studio?
    Today, 06:10 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    kemingMatters
    Not that I'm a pro on chinese dragons but I can't say I've ever noticed one that didn't have feet; usually they have talon like appendages often without a joint like a knee or elbow... I enjoy the colour...
    Today, 06:03 PM
  • Salt
    Comment on Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    Salt
    I was going for the chinese dragon look with no limbs on it. Also I wanted to keep it simple.
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Personal Logo Concepts
    kemingMatters
    What are you trying to say with this logo? If I'm being honest, all of the iterations are bland and feel more like a some decoration around a font instead of an engineered solution. Why four horizontal...
    Today, 05:52 PM
  • Carlo
    Reply to Illustrator: Different exports with a dynamic placeholder?
    Carlo
    You could look at the variables options under the window menu
    Today, 05:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mac vs. PC for websites

    I have just helped my friend create her portfolio website. It looked perfect on our Macs. Her mom viewed it on a PC and said its all jumbled. What is the deal? How can I fix it? The site is www.alphakt.com. Can anyone help?!?

    I haven't actually seen it bc I only own a Mac. So anyone who has a PC...describe it or maybe send me a screen shot? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks
    Kari
    http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

  • #2
    You could try this site to get a preview of what it will look like in other browsers.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

    Comment


    • #3
      It looks remarkably like Firefox's SERVER NOT FOUND error page

      Comment


      • #4
        ok, i will take a look, Thanks! Any ideas why it does that?
        Kari
        http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by chris_bcn
          It looks remarkably like Firefox's SERVER NOT FOUND error page
          I am viewing it in Firefox on my Mac and I don't see what you mean?
          Kari
          http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

          Comment


          • #6
            http://www.alphakt.com/Profile.html has three sets of width and height tags for each element block.

            Why are you using tables inside of divs when you only have one line of text. Some even have nested tables with one line of code in a span tag.

            http://jadeadragon.com/shared/gd/TEMP/gdf_profile.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              odd - I get a server not found page on my PC - but it comes up on my Mac. Very odd indeed
              Last edited by chris_bcn; 03-28-2007, 11:54 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Drazan
                http://www.alphakt.com/Profile.html has three sets of width and height tags for each element block.

                Why are you using tables inside of divs when you only have one line of text. Some even have nested tables with one line of code in a span tag.

                http://jadeadragon.com/shared/gd/TEMP/gdf_profile.jpg
                i didn't realize she did that. is that the problem? i don't know what you mean by "one line of code in a span tag"...
                Kari
                http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

                Comment


                • #9
                  yeah, I got that jumbled text too. I'm on a PC using firefox.

                  As far as I know designing websites with a PC is usually the best way to go because most people are on PC's.

                  It's always good to design your site with as many browsers open to check it as possible. I always design with IE and Firefox open to check the site throughout each step.
                  "To be is to do" --Socrates.
                  "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
                  "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

                  .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CamarotaDesign
                    yeah, I got that jumbled text too. I'm on a PC using firefox.

                    As far as I know designing websites with a PC is usually the best way to go because most people are on PC's.

                    It's always good to design your site with as many browsers open to check it as possible. I always design with IE and Firefox open to check the site throughout each step.
                    boo that sucks!!! i know i'm not an expert, but i thought it looked ok on the mac! i hate that they are so different!
                    Kari
                    http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      view the source code of the website. There's redundant code that it causing the problem.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So mac and pc are browsers now?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drazan
                          view the source code of the website. There's redundant code that it causing the problem.
                          I am looking at the source code. I am confused as to what I am looking for?
                          Kari
                          http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Also, you can try validating the code. That may show up the problems.
                            Business website: Jackfruit Design
                            Personal blog: theSheep.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Benjamin
                              Also, you can try validating the code. That may show up the problems.
                              i looked into that! thanks! i found two errors which i am going to look into! that is an interesting website!! thanks again!
                              Kari
                              http://www.digitalstudentportfolio.com/kkline

                              Comment

                              Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X