Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• imonkey89
    Comment on Landscape Photography Blog - Logo
    imonkey89
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, Pavlo!

I would obviously prefer that the logo had something to do with photography, but I'm quite against the cliche 'aperture blades' 'crop marks'...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • Akasha
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    Akasha
    Here are a couple more:

Yesterday, 11:38 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to doubt in designing a logo for web and print
    Buda
    As the others have already said, DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP FOR LOGOS!!!!

Now that is out of the way, you have a few options. Learn to use Illustrator, or combine forces with a graphic designer...
    Yesterday, 10:03 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Buda
    I think it's lacking in punctuation....unless you are going for that broken English look?

My advice is to show only 1 sentence per grouping. That way you don't have to worry about punctuation...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Buda
    What is the average salary in India?

Salaries vary so much and depend on: location, skill level, demand, company. A print designer in one state is can be paid a different salary to another...
    Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

So here's the deal... I am redesigning a site for my school's newspaper; however, for some reason in Firefox and IE the site doesn't show up correctly... the left hand nav bar and calendar is very messed up. The odd thing is that it shows up perfectly in Safari. I don't know what's wrong. Can anyone help?

The temporary address is: http://www.musclerestoration.com/advocate/Website

Also, what do you think of the design?

Thanks!
    J Lancaster
    oberseite@msn.com

Your best bet is to post the CSS code. It's easier for us to look it over.
    *insert inane quote here*

Comment

Your mark-up is were I'd start because its a mess. Did you create this dreamweaver? If so its surprising it doesn't work.

Comment

Yup

I am designing it in Dreamweaver. It's just tables, so I am not too sure what went wrong. It loads fine in Safari for whatever reason, and shows up perfect, too, in Dreamweaver.

Comment

Holy God, I hadn't looked at the code.

First, the page loads crazy-slow.
          Second, you need to get that CSS external. It's just convoluting your code.
          Third, you need to lose those tables. I got just past the internal CSS and stopped looking for problems because the entire document is about 10x the size it needs to be. Debugging code like that is far more effort than it's worth and learning basic CSS would save you a lot of effort.

Comment

I haven't ever used CSS is the problem I'm stuck in a rut for sure. Tables were always just the easiest thing to use. Any suggestions of what I could do? This thing needs to be done within a week, ah!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbox Media
              I haven't ever used CSS is the problem I'm stuck in a rut for sure. Tables were always just the easiest thing to use. Any suggestions of what I could do? This thing needs to be done within a week, ah!
              No problem, don't panic. If you go to the resources forum, there should be some decent CSS tuts around there. The type of CSS you're looking to do is really dirt simple and not that different than the tables you're currently using, the main difference is that they require much less code and MUCH less hassle.

I'm not at my computer that has all my bookmarks but if I get over there later today, I'll try to dig up a few tuts for what you need to know. It won't take you long to figure out at all. You've obviously got the design part down, the CSS won't be that hard.

Comment

Sweet deal. I will look around and if you have time, I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to find some specific ones you think I should look into.

In the mean time, since I "have the design part down," what do you think about the design? I had a template site (www.ucdadvocate.com) to work with to start out and hated it, but wanted to still stay near the design in a way. Any suggestions design-wise?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X