Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• TomMonTom
    Is salary.com et al full of shit?
    TomMonTom
    It's really difficult to price ones ability when offers come in way bellow whatever average there is for the amount of experience anyone seems to have. I'm trying to figure out a good rate is and if any...
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Alright then, thank you all for your answers
    Yesterday, 10:20 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    Right now, at work, I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro. It's had no problems at all. I'll likely get a new one early next year, but I'm in no hurry because I don't want to give up the 17-inch display....
    Yesterday, 09:47 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Overall I haven't really ever had any problems with macs either. Basically just the grpahics card problems I've been talking about. And the 2011 MBP is notorious for them (which is what I have now)....
    Yesterday, 09:40 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    This is a puzzling discussion because the things described run counter to my experiences.

I've been buying Macs since 1984, and have probably owned, maybe, a couple dozen of them. Also during...
    Yesterday, 09:23 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Beginner...best program?

Hi I am currently designing websites but want to learn how to make flash sites. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the best program to use is to make flash sites and if anyone knows of a good introductory book...?
    I currently use dreamweaver for my other websites if that makes a difference.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

The program you use to make flash websites would be Flash...

Comment

Originally posted by hewligan
      The program you use to make flash websites would be Flash...
      Yup.

Comment

lol

Comment

wow... That was like a swift kick in the balls. I don;t think I could have said it any better then Hewligan did.
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

There is Synfig, it's a free 2d vector animation program. I've never used it, so I have no clue how similar it is to Flash, nor do I know it's compatibilities, limitations, features, etc.

But if you want to learn Flash, then learn Flash. It's the industry standard, so you might as well go for the right program from the beginning.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Synfig's an animation program - that's not really the same thing as Flash.

There are other programs to make Flash, but no one uses them, because they're not really any good.

Comment

Like I'd said, I've never used it, SurfPark had it listed as a free Flash alternative in his sig.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I use adobe illustrator to create and code flash movies- ha!- I know things you don't know, mahaha!

Comment

I make my swf files with a pen, notepad, and a bunch of flippin'.

Comment

Flash - then learn it here www.lynda.com
                      No advertising allowed on GDF. Please see Forum Rules.

Comment

I found this link...

It's an okay program. Pretty decent free Macromedia clone. Kind of hard to learn if you're new to flash.
                        http://www.liveswif.net/
                        ~People like me are the reason people like you take medication~
                        Portfolio

Comment

If you're just starting out, get an older version of Flash for cheap. You can get Flash MX for not that much on an auction...

Once you have that, I'd say go the online tutorial route. There are a lot of free basic level tutorials out there--some good, some bad, some not even worth being free.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X