Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't my flash showing up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why isn't my flash showing up?

    www.jeffmitch.com

    I can not figure out for the life of me why the .swf file isn't showing up!

    This is the simplest page there is...it is my under construction page!

    I have an HTML file with a <div> wrapper, with an attached style sheet.

    Inside the index.html file it calls for the flash file. All files are uploaded to the server and all paths are correct.

    It should appear above the "under construction" text.

    When I preview it on my local HD it works...but not on the server. Any ideas?

  • #2
    by the way, here is the link to the animation.

    http://www.jeffmitch.com/flash/animatedlogo.swf

    it comes up in my browser, so it can't be a bad swf file on the server.

    Comment


    • #3
      NEVERMIND...

      I feel like an idiot. I forgot to upload the "Scripts" folder to my server...

      Comment


      • #4
        well, at least it works now

        Don't you wish you could delete this thread now??
        GNP @ work

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GraphixNPrint
          well, at least it works now

          Don't you wish you could delete this thread now??

          hahaha...yes...

          I dunno why but I never use Dreamweaver to upload my files. I always do it manually with a separate FTP program. I guess I feel like I have more control over everything that way...anyone else do that who uses Dreamweaver?

          Comment


          • #6
            I personally hand code everything in SynEdit, and uploads I use wsftppro.
            GNP @ work

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GraphixNPrint
              I personally hand code everything in SynEdit, and uploads I use wsftppro.
              yeah, I would hand code it if I had everything 100% memorized and more time...

              I'm glad that 8 years ago when I first designing web pages that I had to learn how to hand code HTML. Of course, there has been a lot of changes in 8 years...

              But some other students in my classes only know how to drag and drop with Dreamweaver and have limited knowledge of what to change in the code if something goes wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                yeah, I started back in the webs infancy. With that said; I kinda stink at css, so I tend to use alot of the old coding. Most of the stuff I do nowadays is all php because it offers so much flexability. I am also a strong believer in using sql databases... you can really automate so much by storing stuff aside thats frequently used and/or changed and calling it when needed.
                GNP @ work

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jm1786

                  I dunno why but I never use Dreamweaver to upload my files. I always do it manually with a separate FTP program. I guess I feel like I have more control over everything that way...anyone else do that who uses Dreamweaver?
                  I do the same thing
                  _______________________________________
                  Hello... My name is Kittie and I'm a Font-a-holic.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GraphixNPrint
                    yeah, I started back in the webs infancy. With that said; I kinda stink at css, so I tend to use alot of the old coding. Most of the stuff I do nowadays is all php because it offers so much flexability. I am also a strong believer in using sql databases... you can really automate so much by storing stuff aside thats frequently used and/or changed and calling it when needed.
                    that is what I really want to learn. PHP and MySQL. They were supposed to offer that class this upcoming semester and claimed they couldn't fill it, so I'm going to have to wait until next year...

                    Red Kittie Kat, good to know I'm not alone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jm, buy 2 books, well worth the $60 bucks or so:

                      Sams Teach Yourself PHP4 (or the newer version) In 24 Hours
                      and
                      Gilmore A Programmers Introduction to PHP 4.0

                      Those 2 books taught me everything I needed to know about php (and a little help from PHP's official site) and I run some pretty complex sites. Some of my past clients have wanted sites to do everything from wipe thier butts to clean the house and they do! (slightly exagerated)
                      GNP @ work

                      Comment

                      Search

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      • Arry
                        Comment on CorelDraw literature
                        Arry
                        Thank you! I have eight, so I hope this helps.
                        Today, 12:25 PM
                      • Arry
                        Comment on Hi all!
                        Arry
                        Thank you! I will read the rules of the forum in the nearest future.
                        Today, 12:21 PM
                      • B
                        Reply to Logo Refresh for a Business Technology Company.
                        B
                        Just tried looking up ATS and found at least half a dozen business technology companies on the web named ATS. I couldn't find this one, though.

                        Anyway, if it were my company, which of course...
                        Today, 11:35 AM
                      • KitchWitch
                        Comment on Copyright issue?
                        KitchWitch
                        You can tell them that someone always manages to get away with theft (yes, start calling it theft), but that doesn't make it okay. Remind them that if they choose to steal, they risk a cease & desist,...
                        Today, 07:45 AM
                      • KitchWitch
                        Reply to Hi all!
                        KitchWitch
                        Hi Arry and welcome to GDF.

                        Click on your name in a post to go to your information page. Once there, you should be able to click on your avatar marker to change it.

                        We ask all...
                        Today, 07:41 AM

                      20% Off Sale at iStock until Sept 30, 2016
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X