Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't my flash showing up?

www.jeffmitch.com

I can not figure out for the life of me why the .swf file isn't showing up!

This is the simplest page there is...it is my under construction page!

I have an HTML file with a <div> wrapper, with an attached style sheet.

Inside the index.html file it calls for the flash file. All files are uploaded to the server and all paths are correct.

It should appear above the "under construction" text.

When I preview it on my local HD it works...but not on the server. Any ideas?

by the way, here is the link to the animation.

http://www.jeffmitch.com/flash/animatedlogo.swf

it comes up in my browser, so it can't be a bad swf file on the server.

Comment

NEVERMIND...

I feel like an idiot. I forgot to upload the "Scripts" folder to my server...

Comment

well, at least it works now

Don't you wish you could delete this thread now??
        GNP @ work

Comment

Originally posted by GraphixNPrint
          well, at least it works now

Don't you wish you could delete this thread now??

hahaha...yes...

I dunno why but I never use Dreamweaver to upload my files. I always do it manually with a separate FTP program. I guess I feel like I have more control over everything that way...anyone else do that who uses Dreamweaver?

Comment

I personally hand code everything in SynEdit, and uploads I use wsftppro.
            GNP @ work

Comment

I personally hand code everything in SynEdit, and uploads I use wsftppro.
              yeah, I would hand code it if I had everything 100% memorized and more time...

I'm glad that 8 years ago when I first designing web pages that I had to learn how to hand code HTML. Of course, there has been a lot of changes in 8 years...

But some other students in my classes only know how to drag and drop with Dreamweaver and have limited knowledge of what to change in the code if something goes wrong.

Comment

yeah, I started back in the webs infancy. With that said; I kinda stink at css, so I tend to use alot of the old coding. Most of the stuff I do nowadays is all php because it offers so much flexability. I am also a strong believer in using sql databases... you can really automate so much by storing stuff aside thats frequently used and/or changed and calling it when needed.
                GNP @ work

Comment

Originally posted by jm1786

I dunno why but I never use Dreamweaver to upload my files. I always do it manually with a separate FTP program. I guess I feel like I have more control over everything that way...anyone else do that who uses Dreamweaver?
                  I do the same thing

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

yeah, I started back in the webs infancy. With that said; I kinda stink at css, so I tend to use alot of the old coding. Most of the stuff I do nowadays is all php because it offers so much flexability. I am also a strong believer in using sql databases... you can really automate so much by storing stuff aside thats frequently used and/or changed and calling it when needed.
                    that is what I really want to learn. PHP and MySQL. They were supposed to offer that class this upcoming semester and claimed they couldn't fill it, so I'm going to have to wait until next year...

Red Kittie Kat, good to know I'm not alone

Comment

jm, buy 2 books, well worth the $60 bucks or so:

Sams Teach Yourself PHP4 (or the newer version) In 24 Hours
                      and
                      Gilmore A Programmers Introduction to PHP 4.0

Those 2 books taught me everything I needed to know about php (and a little help from PHP's official site) and I run some pretty complex sites. Some of my past clients have wanted sites to do everything from wipe thier butts to clean the house and they do! (slightly exagerated)
                      GNP @ work

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X