Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website problem.. js dropdown displays under embedded swf?

Hi guys,
    I'm building a website for a local tattoo studio (it's currently in my testing space online, take a look http://brazen-graphics.com/project-t...com/index.html), and have discovered this issue:

The website has a js dropdown menu for the artists' individual pages. this works fine in all the other pages (so I'm assuming the menu itself is not at fault), but in the artists' pages-and only on a pc!!- it seems to hide behind the .swf clip of the artists' work... the interesting part is that it works perfectly on my mac in the same browsers (firefox, safari)...

By the way, the z-index for this div is set to 3, while the nav div's z-index is 500...

If anyone has encountered this issue before or can help figure out how to fix this, I'll be forever thankful!

PS- please ignore any other issues you may encounter... the website is not even nearly ready yet!

Thanks,
    Anna.
    Show me something interesting. I won't steal it, just learn from it and draw my own conclusions.

<~Anna~>

I have tested on Mac and like you say, No problem! (Naturally...) I'm sure there is a fix for this as I have encountered the same problem before but am unable to find out how I resolved this issue, If I remember I will get back to you!
    No advertising allowed in signatures.

Comment

i think you can fix it by adding wmode="opaque" or something.
      portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

Originally posted by Two-Toe Tom View Post
        i think you can fix it by adding wmode="opaque" or something.
        I've been trying it but it doesn't seem to work for me....

how should I be doing this?

**EDIT**
        I figured it out! actually, there was a stupid script generated by DW which stopped the wmode from working. as soon as I went back to basics with the code (removing any js I couldn't understand) and added <param name="wmode"value="opaque"> and wmode="opaque" inside the object tag, it started working

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!!

BTW, there's a resource online for this issue:
        This is an explanation- http://www.communitymx.com/content/a....cfm?cid=e5141
        This is an example- http://www.communitymx.com/content/s...modeopaque.htm
        Last edited by aegraphic; 05-11-2009, 07:05 PM. Reason: problem solved :)
        Show me something interesting. I won't steal it, just learn from it and draw my own conclusions.

<~Anna~>

Comment

w00t!
          portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X