Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Casseopia
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    Hahahaha - OK I feel better now, thanks.

Yeah - I think I will take the risk on Creative Cloud, based on the overall advice. I'm going to download the free trial and make sure the files work,...
    Today, 07:25 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    kemingMatters
    Just tell them that you'll get to [project they want for free/next to free] when you can afford the time to do it.

It's not saying no, it just saying my time is valuable and finite, so...
    Today, 07:23 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Weight loss service design.
    seamas
    Yeah, it looks more design-y fashion-y, but with kind of a late 70s disco chic thing going on.

I think weight loss branding generally wants something more friendly, honest and not...
    Today, 07:12 PM
  • mikhende
    Reply to Easiest way to block out text from image?
    mikhende
    I am thinking about that, I think the best option is to blank out the last name and house number?
    Today, 07:07 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    <b>
    Your first post said that you wanted a simple, flat design, yet you've created something with a 3D look that's quite complicated.

Cosmo gave you some great advice that I completely agree...
    Today, 06:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPhoto

Does anyone use ProPhoto: http://www.prophotoblogs.com/ ?

I'm looking for any feedback you might have. Seems to require WordPress.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

for the total novice, it's basically install, choose your options, go...

but, for about $220 less, you could purchase a nice looking theme and do the same...

for the web designer, the first point is true, and you could still have a decent markup from your clients, with lots of options for layout, etc...but it's very basic for the price...there is no gallery, or slideshow, etc...so it doesn't really solve anything for photographer types...you still have to add your plugins etc for those things...so, see point 2...

meh... i prefer to code my own custom templates...i know what's what and where's where and get it done in good time...
    Monarchs Rule!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking this isn't the way to go...
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by flutterby nut View Post
        there is no gallery, or slideshow, etc...so it doesn't really solve anything for photographer types...
        lol... Their name is misleading, huh?
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X