Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    B
    As HotButton says, it's really only part of the Harley Davidson crowd who dress up in the tough guy costumes. Neither BMW nor Ducati riders, for example, would be caught dead looking like them.
    Today, 05:06 PM
  • dotta
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    dotta
    You are correct in saying that. I'm using wordpress to make my webcomic, so I'm having to rewrite the code with each page.

Here's the website: http://jessaandnora.com/

I will...
    Today, 04:19 PM
  • HotButton
    HotButton
    Igh...I believe Moto Rivista is aimed more at the "Cafe Racer" mindset, as opposed to unwashed costumed chest thumping whiners.

In any case, sorry Creare, but I think this is a...
    Today, 03:57 PM
  • typo
    Reply to Typography resources.
    typo
    Hey there guys,
    Talking about mixing fonts, I just found this book (The big book of font combinations only in pdf version as far as I can see) and I was wondering, Is there any good alternative...
    Today, 03:14 PM
  • Momoshy
    Momoshy
    Hey, what kind of magazine is this?
    Because, when I think of motorcycles, I think of very macho men, Heavy metal, tatooed men on Harley Davidson style, which I relate to a heavy, raw and straight...
    Today, 03:01 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im getting ready to redo everything, any tips?

what do you like and what do you dislike?
    thanks
    chad

www.kyotojam.com
    its mostly photography

I like pie.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Boobs and the QOTW week posts. LOVE EM!

I dislike squash and feet.
      Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

JEEEZ you have alot of content on that site. Make it smaller first off, just leave in all your best work. Second, not one single peice has a discription on it, i really hadent a clue what i was looking at.

The whole site is very dark, or haunting. Alot of your work fits with it, but try brighten it up abit.

Comment

I'll second what Oldat29 said: Fewer images, add descriptions.

Increased consistency and improved gallery presentation/navigation would be good too. I was a bit disoriented when I clicked on a gallery image and was taken to very plain pages, and I was annoyed that I had to keep searching around the page to find the navigation each time (because the large version of each image is a different size, the navigation keeps moving).

I would also engage the visitor a little bit more. You have an intro on your home page and then that's it. If you were showing photos of your work in person to someone you'd just met, would you just describe what you do and then hand the person a stack of photos and walk away, or would you stick around and explain a little bit about each one?

As a visitor I would be curious about several things: What year did you create each piece? Was there a specific concept or event behind it? If it was a photo, were the effects created with Photoshop or by the manner in which you shot the photos (lighting, film type, lenses, etc.)? What about the paintings—which techniques/media did you use on each one? And the t-shirts? And what about "For Your Walls"? How do I know if I'd be interested in having it on my wall if I have no idea what size the piece is?

Hope that helps a little.

Digi
          The world is divided into people who think they are right.
          —Anonymous

Comment

You should Definately have a better way to view your photo gallery if you are going to use HTML bassed website the light/thickbox work very well and look really professional. Also post just you best pictures and try not to have you pictures so big that they can't be viewed on smaller screen like a laptop. Those are the biggest things. good luck with it and post it when you are finished i would like to see the finshed project

Comment

This site breaks about every design convention created.

I would check you code as well:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

However, your work is of good quality, and you clearly have the skills to create a nice site, I look forward to seeing the re-design.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X