Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what JavaScript (?) this is?

I'd like to know what kind of script http://cakephp.org uses to create the sliding DIV thingy on the top of their site ("Learn", "Hot Features" etc).

I've had a look around some scripts sites but didn't find anything, although I could swear I've seen it before.. I'm just not sure what to call it/what to search for. I've also had a look at their source code, but without much luck.

Anyone got any idea?

It looks like Flash. Cool site.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiva View Post
      I'd like to know what kind of script http://cakephp.org uses to create the sliding DIV thingy on the top of their site ("Learn", "Hot Features" etc).

I've had a look around some scripts sites but didn't find anything, although I could swear I've seen it before.. I'm just not sure what to call it/what to search for. I've also had a look at their source code, but without much luck.

Anyone got any idea?
      It uses CSS for the display then javascript to do the animation/slide (div without overflow, move the content divs around I believe). The javascript's moderately obfuscated, but the concept is simple enough. Have an oversized (9000 px wide or so) div hold all the different displays in a single block level, set it to no overflow so they're hidden, then just slide the content back and forth.

Comment

It may be custom made, but it seems to be awfully similar to the coda slider. It looks like they just added another hover effect on the top links. Functionality is the same.

It is based off the jQuery framework.

Comment

I learned it at a Flash seminar at an Adobe conference a few years back. It was a CS4 preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Pensiur View Post
            I learned it at a Flash seminar at an Adobe conference a few years back. It was a CS4 preview.
            I'd much rather accomplish any task carrying live content with jQuery or another javascript framework, not Flash.

Comment

Well, good for you. He asked I answered.

Comment

Originally posted by kevincdg View Post
                It may be custom made, but it seems to be awfully similar to the coda slider. It looks like they just added another hover effect on the top links. Functionality is the same.

It is based off the jQuery framework.
                Yesss, thank you! That looks very much like it.

Pensuir, thanks for the answer, I thought something like that could be accomplished with Flash also but it seems easier with JavaScript

Comment

You asked, and you were wrong. He asked what kind of script. You can notice that after about two seconds, that isn't a flash element. Right click on it -- it's not flash. Although flash may be an alternative method of accomplishing it, it isn't ANYTHING like what he asked about.

sorry if i'm coming off the wrong way here, i was just trying to be helpful, where as "i saw it at a conference two years ago and learned it myself but i can't provide any insight to you" didn't seem like an appropriate, or helpful answer.

Comment

You can find the snipit at Scriptaculous.

here.
                    http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scri...n-effects-demo
                    http://script.aculo.us/

http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scri...fect-slidedown

instead of using "onclick" you can try "onload".
                    It's based on jquery.

Jade

Comment

Originally posted by kevincdg View Post
                      You asked, and you were wrong. He asked what kind of script. You can notice that after about two seconds, that isn't a flash element. Right click on it -- it's not flash. Although flash may be an alternative method of accomplishing it, it isn't ANYTHING like what he asked about.

sorry if i'm coming off the wrong way here, i was just trying to be helpful, where as "i saw it at a conference two years ago and learned it myself but i can't provide any insight to you" didn't seem like an appropriate, or helpful answer.
                      Smiling. You found my answer inappropriate? I found yours arrogant.

Comment

All right, let's focus on solving the problem, OK?
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Anyone know what JavaScript (?) this is?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X