Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website - Feedback Appreciated

Hey guys,

I'm working on a new portfolio for my current employee, and chose to code it all in CSS rather than DotNetNuke, even though my boss was leaning toward that. The site is getting close to being done, just need to throw in some copy related to each piece of work, change the main image on a couple pages (the pencil one is repeated) and add the New Media page, the link isn't broken don't worry.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what some of you fellow web designers think - give me your opinion on usability, overal visual appeal, and what ever else you deem appropriate.

http://www.carsonshold.com/temp/shepherd_creative/site

Thanks,

Carson
    http://www.carsonshold.com

The inner-shadow borders are ok, but in some cases (home page, and portfolio pages) they compete with each other. There is a jarring, stair-step effect on the left site. I think it would help if the borders aligned with each other horizontally. Maybe consider not using borders on every image.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
      Comment on Making vector art with a natural look
      B
      Yeah, I keep forgetting this is a student forum and tend to give advice as though it's a real-world situation.

The original post was about a school assignment to convert raster art into vector...
      Today, 08:55 PM
    • Buda
      Comment on Menu Concept for Portfolio feedback
      Buda
      If this is a printed menu and not interactive with rollovers, the first burger shouldn't be highlighted.
      Today, 07:49 PM
    • Buda
      Reply to Online portfolio Feedback
      Buda
      Hi Guilhem, the website is very slow to load. If I was a client I would not wait that long for the images to come up. Your images haven't been optimised for web. You need to replace them all with web...
      Today, 07:48 PM
    • Buda
      Reply to Looking for a special printing technique for a poster in low batch
      Buda
      I've had some decent results printing onto uncoated black card using a black photocopier.

This might be the cheapest, low run option out there. Get a test and see if you like the black toner...
      Today, 07:38 PM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to Making vector art with a natural look
      PrintDriver
      B, you and I would both look askance at the employee wasting time and money trying to make a silk purse using a sow's ear, and I have absolutely no use for a commercial illustrator that can't turn something...
      Today, 06:58 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X