Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Novauri
    Reply to [Hiring] Web, Print, and Video Graphic Designer for Bitcoin Service
    Novauri
    This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Novauri!
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Lust3rX
    Adobe Illustrator SVG Transparency/Knockout Problem
    Lust3rX
    Hey guys, I'm 16 years old and I'm a junior designer at a company called Timewyse.
    I'm currently working on some icons for professions and I need to convert everything to .svg format.
    I have...
    Yesterday, 10:28 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    <b>
    It's in Adobe's interests to ensure that their new software will open files from older versions. If their new software didn't do this, it would be a disincentive for people to upgrade since it would mean...
    Yesterday, 10:10 PM
  • Cosmo
    Cosmo
    We get files from all versions in all the time. Got an Illustrator 8 file the other day. Never had a problem updating them to CS6.
    Yesterday, 08:52 PM
  • salsa
    salsa
    I upgraded from CS2 to CS6 a year ago and haven't had any problems. I mostly use ID and AI though, so I can't speak to PS.

Are you staying on the same computer? Getting a new one? That might...
    Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website - Feedback Appreciated

Hey guys,

I'm working on a new portfolio for my current employee, and chose to code it all in CSS rather than DotNetNuke, even though my boss was leaning toward that. The site is getting close to being done, just need to throw in some copy related to each piece of work, change the main image on a couple pages (the pencil one is repeated) and add the New Media page, the link isn't broken don't worry.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what some of you fellow web designers think - give me your opinion on usability, overal visual appeal, and what ever else you deem appropriate.

http://www.carsonshold.com/temp/shepherd_creative/site

Thanks,

Carson
    http://www.carsonshold.com

The inner-shadow borders are ok, but in some cases (home page, and portfolio pages) they compete with each other. There is a jarring, stair-step effect on the left site. I think it would help if the borders aligned with each other horizontally. Maybe consider not using borders on every image.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
    Working...
    X