Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embedding Flash in my website... browser problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding Flash in my website... browser problem?

I took a course in Flash about 6 years ago but have since forgotten most of what I learned, so I am trying to relearn it by myself using Flash CS3.

I created a Flash banner to embed into a website. I used dreamweaver to insert the .swf file. But when I try to preview it in Explorer, the Flash banner was blocked and a message said that the browser wasn't allowing any running scripts or activeX controls and I had to manually unblock it for it to show.

Now, I remember when I took the Flash course 6 years ago, there was a technique I learned that will make sure that the Flash file will play no matter which browser I'm using, and I wouldn't need to unblock anything to see it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Please help!

Thanks
    Ed

Originally posted by ed7501 View Post
    I took a course in Flash about 6 years ago but have since forgotten most of what I learned, so I am trying to relearn it by myself using Flash CS3.

I created a Flash banner to embed into a website. I used dreamweaver to insert the .swf file. But when I try to preview it in Explorer, the Flash banner was blocked and a message said that the browser wasn't allowing any running scripts or activeX controls and I had to manually unblock it for it to show.

Now, I remember when I took the Flash course 6 years ago, there was a technique I learned that will make sure that the Flash file will play no matter which browser I'm using, and I wouldn't need to unblock anything to see it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Please help!

Thanks
    Ed
    look up SWFObject, its the best way to embed flash.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTheVike View Post
      look up SWFObject, its the best way to embed flash.
      Thanks! wasn't aware of this.

Comment

Upon researching SWFObject, I came across this:

http://norrisoftenhance.ning.com/

Does anyone have any experience with this software? any good? bugs to report?

Comment

No, but I don't think it is really that necessary. The documentation for swfobject 2.0 are great and pretty easy to follow. Once you do one or two its a piece of cake. And imho the best way to put flash on a site - it is the most accessible I believe.
          | Valerie |
          "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
          -Ben Harper

Comment

That sometimes happens to me when I try and preview on my local machine, it usually works fine when I upload to the server.
            Carpe Diem

Comment

It should only NOT work locally if you have not uploaded your swf file movie to your server yet, and are using absolute links. If you are using relative links, you should most definitely see the flash during local testing.
              | Valerie |
              "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
              -Ben Harper

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alice28
                Reply to Happy to Sign Up here
                alice28
                I am happy to sign up here too!!!
                Yesterday, 11:33 PM
              • Keyare
                Reply to How to Start a Magazine - Ad Pricing
                Keyare
                Wow. 13 years later and it's finally useful! Nice to hear metalbiker!! I didn't think people still did printed magazines
                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
              • CobraStrike
                Comment on Cranking them out
                CobraStrike
                This is what I was looking for, I don't know how to phrase what I meant better. Perhaps, these were for fun. Could you tell me if they are successful in using design elements like negative space, font,...
                Yesterday, 06:10 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Best background for instagram food photos?
                PrintDriver
                Food is one of the worst subjects to photograph. There's a whole art to making food appear appetizing, mostly by doing all kinds of unappetizing things to it. A photog friend of mine was into it for a...
                Yesterday, 04:06 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Feedback for a poster design
                PrintDriver
                You have 2 days. That's 48 hours with a lot of coffee. If something is not working, you fix it.Making more work for yourself isn't part of the equation. A client's piece is about the client, not about...
                Yesterday, 03:19 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X