Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ChrisDudley
    Reply to Sand Queen
    ChrisDudley
    Hello Rokas,

You've done a stunning job on these illustrations. The only thing I'd be wary of is that this style of illustration has been around for a little while now. Obviously I don't...
    Today, 11:53 AM
  • skribe
    Comment on CSS responsive background image
    skribe
    This is a very old thread from 2011! But that might work okay, but is not the best option is some circumstances. I have found what works well in most cases is using the "background-size: cover;"...
    Today, 11:47 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    StudioMonkey
    The death of Australian cricketer Phil Hughes has hit a lot of people hard. So unexpected, so sudden, an awful thing to happen to a young, talented cricketer who was well on the way to being one of the...
    Today, 11:12 AM
  • extraordenary
    Comment on First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Thank you a lot for the constructive criticism. The logos were actually given me to begin with and they were made on Illustrator, so I couldn't really do anything about that. I have learned a lot in terms...
    Today, 09:07 AM
  • Salt
    Comment on Happy Turkey Day!!
    Salt
    hehe
    because you ate stuffed turkey.
    Today, 08:05 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance Website

Here is a site I just wrapped up at beginning of this year. The client is a Dance Studio that actually travels to schools across the country with a team of professional dancers that specialize in different disciplines such as Ballet, HipHop, Jazz, etc.

You might find some pages that seem under-developed, these will be completed as the client's budget is brought back to the table.

* This site is a hybrid of Tables & CSS - as I was making the transition from one to the other so don't get your feathers all ruffled *

http://www.shoskillz.com/
    Skinns
    Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
    Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

I like it.

The drop down menus react a bit slow though.

And some of the pages just have like two lines of text. Like the merchandise page and the download page.

I'd expect to images of merchandise, and on the download i'd like to see a preview of what I'm downloading.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Like I said in my original post, some pages are 'UNDER DEVELOPED' since the client's budget was put on hold for the minute.

I do agree with you though. These pages need a bit more. I've made several design suggestions to the client, however those changes require funding...

Thanks for the feedback!
      Skinns
      Scott Padgett Art

Comment

Well - I thought I'd get the obvious out of the way

I'm not a web designer to start with but hey.

But some of the images look a little pixelated, and some of the dancers look a bit poorly masked, along with that the outline around some of them is not finished or just badly done.

All I look for in a website is something that works though. As long as I can get around the site without having to search the screen for buttons I'm happy.

And the site works, I can get around easy enough. So I like it.

Comment

Poorly masked.. I thought I did a good job since I was able to successfully mask the hair of the girl dancers. The strokes around the dancers (which there are 2) one is solid all the way around and the 2nd stroke has been blended into transparency near the top.
          Skinns
          Scott Padgett Art

Comment

To me it looked like a mistake, but if you did it on purpose...

Yeh it's ok around the hair, it just looks a bit off on some places, hands and on the collar look off.

Comment

Thats interesting.. and I surely will take that under consideration. As in DESIGN some techniques can make you and others can break you.

Thanks again for the feedback.
              Skinns
              Scott Padgett Art

Comment

Well I'm just nit-picking, i'm sure a web savvy person will come on and give you better pointers.

Comment

It's all good. Not everybody is going to be a designer that comes across a website, so I welcome all feedback. I wouldn't post the site at a critique forum if I wasn't curious of opinions.
                  Skinns
                  Scott Padgett Art

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X