Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some <div> help

Hey,

for the life of me, I can't quite figure out why I'm having this issue.

Movemaine.com

I want the logo to float over the <div> holding the parallax trees.

Any thoughts?

Is absolute positioning out of the question? It seems most appropriate here not floating. Once the h1 is positioned absolutely a left margin can be placed on the parallax division. That is the way I would handle it – simple. Also, you should avoid using presentational class names. Presentational class names are not flexible and make global changes difficult.

This is very very very bad:

HTML Code:
    <div class="jjCenter jjRed jjHelvetica"></div>
    Its more appropriate to describe the purpose of the element then use css to apply appropriate styles.

HTML Code:
    <div class="intro"></div>
    HTML Code:
    .intro {
       text-align: center;
       color: #f00;
       font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }
    Furthermore, if there is only one "intro" or entity a id should be used rather then a class. Id is most appropriate for unique element naming and classes for multiples of the same type.
    Last edited by tZ; 06-06-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Just add these two lines to your "#jjTop h1 a" CSS:

top:100px;
      z-index:1000;

That will move down your logo over the (quite well done) tree/leaves parallax. The z-index is needed so that it will be displayed on top of the parallax, as opposed to below. I think this is what you were asking about.
      Design: Graphic, Web, Game

Comment

i like the trees parallax too. can it be made so it tracks with the mouse where ever the mouse may be on the page and not just on the trees?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• TomTom55
          Vintage Typography
          TomTom55
          I worked on this project in my free time, my first real stab at some digital vintage typography design. Any feedback on the design itself?
          Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e...
          Today, 04:46 AM
        • gurkamaltutu
          Comment on Color separation
          gurkamaltutu
          Thank you so much! And you were right, I actually didn't understand the question properly.
          Today, 12:44 AM
        • swhit101
          Portfolio or First/Second Year Students?
          swhit101
          Hey, I'm an upcoming second year communications design student, and relatively new to design. I took a design foundation program my first year at school, as well as an intro comm design class. I would...
          Yesterday, 11:15 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Ad Specs Question
          PrintDriver
          Most places would want you to have the bleed not on the artboard so when the ad is placed, only the ad shows, not all the bleed. If you have the bleed on the artboard, you risk having your art offset...
          Yesterday, 04:18 PM
        • Brodero
          Ad Specs Question
          Brodero
          I have to create a half page ad and am wondering which why would be the preferred method. The requested trim size is 5.5in x 4.5in with a quarter inch bleed on all sides (6in x 5in). Would you rather...
          Yesterday, 04:06 PM

20% off sale at iStock until June 24, 2016
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X