• PrintDriver
    Reply to Online printing companies
    PrintDriver
    Zombie thread!
    Today, 10:06 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Fitting a shape inside another question
    PrintDriver
    Assuming you are talking about illustrator, if you "unchain" the constrain proportion icon located near the H and W input boxes in the Transform palette, and put in the Height and Width of the...
    Today, 10:05 PM
  • On3Fals3M0v3
    Fitting a shape inside another question
    On3Fals3M0v3
    If I have a square shape and a heart shape is there a quick way to fit the heart directly inside the square. I can't seem to get it to fit perfectly by scaling it. Even when I use the transform panel...
    Today, 09:06 PM
  • Keyare
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    Keyare
    Yeah I still see cyan in the dot pattern even though there is NO cyan in the file. Friggin' color profiles.
    I'll try that step test thing.
    Today, 08:57 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Online printing companies
    Cosmo
    I'm another happy 4over user. I won't use them for color critical stuff, but for brochures and flyers and things where all you need is "pleasing color", they do a good job. I have never reordered...
    Today, 08:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searchable Flash site....

Can it be done?

Can i make a flash site, embed it into a html page and make it searchable?

Or dose it have to have more then 1 html page?

Make use of ALT tags, comments, and whatever you can. Many people will embed the entire content of body copy from their Flash site into a comment tag in the HTML. ALT tag info is the best though, but you can't put as much in there. The key is to have your keywords and description match your actual readable content.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Flash itself is only limited searchable by google. Even then it really searches the external content or text that is loaded into the flash swf.

Meta tags, and intro or footer text is good to have, but doesn't replace actually having a full html page to search.

You could build a low band version of the site and use <no script> or link to it in the footer for the search engine to follow.

Flash has a place, but if all you want is a moving - wiggling site ... and you don't do flash for a living, then it's over kill for the information you are trying to deliver.

Jade

Comment

Don't forget also that you can simply embed flash objects into an HTML page, allowing you to keep your framework and body content in HTML, while adding some dynamic animation at the same time.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

It was just somthing i was thinking about, I got confused "happens alot" looking on other sites.
          Im not very code friendly, but the answers here i understan and thank you.

Comment

If the site is small you "could" dump all the content to the HTML page and hide it with CSS.

Comment

Alt

Comment

Considering the recommended length of the alt attribute is 50 characters that doesn't seem very productive. The alt attribute itself doesn't have considerable weight and is more or less for disabled users. What you really need is the advantage of heading tags. Heading tags such as h1 have a very high weight in comparison to other elements.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X