No announcement yet.

CSS Dropdown menus

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS Dropdown menus

I've been searching online for a simple elegant css dropdown menu tutorial but everything I find seems to be way more than I need. They all have fade outs and javascript and all these bells and whistles.

anyone know of a good simple one?

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” Lance Armstrong

dropdowns are a form of javascript. Look for these terms "dhtml menu" or "Ajax menu" Also search on dynamic drive There are a few "CSS only drop down menus", but you have to watch the cross browser compatibility. Jade

<= IE6 only support the hover pseudo class on anchor elements and that is where you run into cross compatibility issues with the CSS dropdown techniques such as suckerfish. The solution is to handle that event using Javascript in <= IE6 browsers. On the rare occasion that someone is using <= IE6 without Javascript you should think of an alternate way to show the menu which makes every option accessible. That is if support for <= IE6 is important to you.

Latest Topics

• PrintDriver
        Reply to Looking for mentor
        The trouble I've found with most blogs and youtube channels is that it can be difficult to separate the good from the bad. Even Lynda and Adobe have a few really bad tutorials regarding logo design that...
        Today, 04:03 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to How could I get the experience needed for this job....
        As a freelance graphic designer, the way you would get the experience commissioning artwork is by doing it for your own clients. Commissioning artwork is actually fairly easy and it's no big deal...once...
        Today, 03:57 AM
      • Lord Daz
        Reply to PS - FX effects
        Lord Daz
        HotButton thanks a lot for your fantastic explanation! You really helped me alot!

Today, 03:55 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to critique for student work!
        Bridges to Wellbeing...
        Fall colors to represent the vitality of life? Wouldn't spring colors be more appropriate? That orange gradient is bad form. It will make having that done as embroidery or...
        Today, 03:33 AM
      • B
        Reply to Orthography
        Orthography is the set of spelling and punctuation conventions associated with the written form of a language. For example, the following two sentences show differences between British and American o...
        Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings