Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    PrintDriver
    Quite honestly?
    It's a cover for a project you've been working on.
    Because we do not know what your project was that is using this cover, there is no way to know if it works or not.
    Today, 11:10 AM
  • captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS3 Project Problems

I'm trying to figure out why a Flash project made up of entirely AS3 would work on one computer, but not another. When I copy the entire folder from the project to my computer and test the fla, none of the animation works. All of the external .as files are there and everything. I'm not very familiar with AS3, so I didn't know if I could possibly not have something installed on my computer to make it work.

Any ideas?
    Caution: Watch for falling serifs

Does the other machine have a Flash Player installed on it? Is it the latest version??
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Yes besides any additional things he might have installed on it, we have identical Macs with the full Adobe Suite installed.

Comment

Are the linked paths - machine specific or specific to the files?

computer/my documents/website/myfile.as or links/myfile.as

Comment

I should also note that the .swf saved from his computer works on mine. However, publishing a new one from the .fla on my computer does not. That makes me wonder if I don't have something installed to make it work when it's publishing?

Comment

Missing the activeX script in the file?
            Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

It uses relative paths as far as I know. The only one I see in the .fla uses a relative that links the others (I'm assuming, still figuring it out).

Where would I find if the activeX script is missing or not?

Comment

Just wanted to let you guys know I finally found the problem. In the Publish Settings > ActionScipt 3 Settngs it was giving a definite path to the other person's computer to access the class files. Whew!

Comment

JAM you get the gold star

Comment

A gold star - yahoo!!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X