Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Comment on Self Logo Critique
    kemingMatters
    I'm fully aware that the first logo is black and white, I was commenting on how difficult it is to read at any distance other than on top of it.

The only versions that are really that legible...
    Today, 07:08 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on Indesign CC Exporting
    garricks
    Yeah, i have to agree…
    Today, 06:34 PM
  • subdrewgans
    Reply to Self Logo Critique
    subdrewgans
    In the first link, the very first logo is B&W. I think the one with your initials are stronger, but definitely needs some work and tightening up.

What does your logo say about you?...
    Today, 06:18 PM
  • CataclysmX
    Comment on Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    Yeah I meant use the same typeface from the S in the green logo, but if that doesnt work I would keep exploring, fonts are really underrated and people need to spend time finding working fonts to improve...
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Indesign CC Exporting
    kemingMatters
    Hello LaraMelissa1, welcome to GDF!
    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 05:30 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good website template

Can anyone make any suggestions for sites where I can find a good web template? I have looked around but it seems to me that a lot of the sites have the same templates.

I am a freelance graphic designer and I have a site that I built a few years ago and it is very basic and old school looking. I like it but it needs updating.

I want to find a good template that I can customize so that I don't have to start from scratch. I am decent at web design but I am stronger at print and starting with a template would make my life easier.

Thanks in advance.

Mate, the best template is your own.

Use your out dated site as a template and build from there.
    The free online templates are mostly muck unless your willing to pay and then you might get a nice one.

There buggy and badly coded and just cause alot of problems that you can do without.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Actually I have used templates that I bought before for family and friends sites I have built and I have never had a problem customizing them. My biggest concern is finding one that I like.

Comment

Wordpress?

Comment

Ad, took the words outta my mouth...I second using wordpress. It's fairly easy to install on your web server, and if you can't or do not want to deal w/ having a host, you can always use wordpress.com. Either way, you have TONS of nice little templates you can implement (and even change when you get bored). A simple update of the graphics, and change the colors and styles in the CSS sheet and you could have something that looks unique, and pull it away from the standard template/theme chosen. I've been doing more and more sites w/ wordpress as it lets clients update their own site, and offer dynamic content. A good example for you would be after you complete a project, you could post a news bit about it...this keeps your site fresh with new content, and great for search engine results. Hope that helps...
          | Valerie |
          "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
          -Ben Harper

Comment

Also might I ad on the dynamic side is that they offer a wealth of plugins. Wordpress enables you to intergrate just about anything to your site without having any prior CSS/HTML/PHP knowledge.

It's open source and free - who can top that?

Good Luck!

Comment

I second Wordpress. Plenty of free themes out there. It would also help us to suggest something to you if you give us an idea of what you're looking for. Car site? Photo site? Something retro and funky? Something clean and simple?
              --
              When I buy stickers for folks in prison, I bring milk not backyard meth - it's a prison party!

Comment

Whoops re-read your post and see I missed you were looking for something for yourself. Still tho, the same applies. We can better help if you give us an idea of some of your likes/dislikes.
                --
                When I buy stickers for folks in prison, I bring milk not backyard meth - it's a prison party!

Comment

thanks. I ended up taking the first guys advice and building my own template. Thank you for all the advice though.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X