Anyone use PHPMailer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use PHPMailer?

I was thinking about trying it out for a contact form. Looks like it supports SMTP Authentication, but it looks like you have to put your user id and password in a publicly viewable php file. Am I missing something here?

I dislike phpmailer because historically it is the highest target for hacking.

I use dd-formmailer instead. I've yet to be hacked using it.

if the SMTP authentication is in a php script, if the person tried to access it directly or download it without server credentials all they get is blank screen or limited html code. Not the passwords.

Jade

Comment

Originally posted by Drazan View Post
      I dislike phpmailer because historically it is the highest target for hacking.

I use dd-formmailer instead. I've yet to be hacked using it.

if the SMTP authentication is in a php script, if the person tried to access it directly or download it without server credentials all they get is blank screen or limited html code. Not the passwords.

Jade
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• vdeshof
        Reply to convertion of idml to inx
        vdeshof
        huge chance your work will be a mess in the end......
        Today, 12:47 PM
      • vdeshof
        Reply to Time for a UX overhaul...opinions welcome
        vdeshof
        Hi Chris!

In my opinion this website looks very good. It's user-friendly, pretty clear and it gives you all the information a - potentional - client needs (maybe even too much, there's a...
        Today, 12:46 PM
      • apl042
        apl042
        To PrintDriver: yes, maybe you're right, however, I have no option, but just to try. The original file is a simple template, which I should fill up with my own content. So, no graphics probably except...
        Today, 11:50 AM
      • PrintDriver
        PrintDriver
        I have a pretty good idea you are going to have troubles with that file trying to go that far back. Everything from formatting to color.
        Just sayin.....
        Today, 11:36 AM
      • apl042
        apl042
        That's where I've actually got stuck - to find someone with CS4. Nobody is seen around. Most are using CC, at least CS6 or 5. The original idml was created in CS6. So, I guess it should be downsaved in...
        Today, 11:20 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X