Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    PanToshi
    o, it's timed? ahh. I was playing while munching on cookies... cookies won.
    Today, 07:00 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    HotButton
    I think the egg- with-legg concept has potential too. I'd experiment with switching up the fill though...leave the legs/talons color-filled, and the egg unfilled/outlined.
    Today, 06:48 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    PanToshi
    It would indeed reflect poorly on you, and threats of physical "stuff" would indeed be criminal. Your frustration doesn't justify retaliative or illegal reactions....
    Today, 06:14 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Friend as a client - problem
    kemingMatters
    All of the stuff you created is single purpose, so the only thing you would be achieving is making yourself look inept.
    Today, 05:49 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Getting logged out
    PanToshi
    Do you check the "remember me" box at sign in? If not, try that. Without that checked (only accesible on log in) I get logged out in a matter of minutes.
    Today, 05:47 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use PHPMailer?

I was thinking about trying it out for a contact form. Looks like it supports SMTP Authentication, but it looks like you have to put your user id and password in a publicly viewable php file. Am I missing something here?

I dislike phpmailer because historically it is the highest target for hacking.

I use dd-formmailer instead. I've yet to be hacked using it.

if the SMTP authentication is in a php script, if the person tried to access it directly or download it without server credentials all they get is blank screen or limited html code. Not the passwords.

Jade

Comment

Originally posted by Drazan View Post
      I dislike phpmailer because historically it is the highest target for hacking.

I use dd-formmailer instead. I've yet to be hacked using it.

if the SMTP authentication is in a php script, if the person tried to access it directly or download it without server credentials all they get is blank screen or limited html code. Not the passwords.

Jade
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X