X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slideshows in Dreamweaver?

How is it possible to have an image slideshow in Dreamweaver like this?

Thanks,
    Online Portfolio
    robertbeveridge.co.uk
    --
    Graphic Design is the new Rock 'n' Roll

right mouse click "view source"?

Comment

Ditto what Jam said. It wasn't done with DW alone—if you view the page source you'll see that it uses jQuery (google it if you don't know what it is).

I would also recommend:
      1. If you're not already using it, download Firefox.
      2. Download & install the Web Developer Toolbar. Familiarize yourself with how it works.
      3. Using the toolbar you just installed, got to Information > View Javascript.
      4. Look in the comments of each script to get the names of the jQuery plugins used.
      5. Download jQuery and search for & download the necessary plugins.
      6. Read the instructions on how to use the plugins.
      7. Begin coding, referring back to the code in example page you posted to see how they implemented it.
      Digi
      The world is divided into people who think they are right.
      —Anonymous

Comment

Worked like a treat! Thanks
        Online Portfolio
        robertbeveridge.co.uk
        --
        Graphic Design is the new Rock 'n' Roll

Comment

Please explain in detail

Hi Rambot,
          I am new to the web designing and would really appreciate if you could explain how to create the page posted in here(which programs I will need and necessary things). I really liked the design of this page and would like to implement it for my personal page.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

It's just javascript, Tamuk, from a library called jQuery. You can add javascript to your page with Notepad, TextEdit, Deamweaver, or any other html/text editor.

Sweet slideshow, though! It looks good, works great, and unlike flash is quick and easy to load. I wouldn't mind implementing that myself...
            Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
            mediamainline.com
            cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by tamuk View Post
              Hi Rambot,
              I am new to the web designing and would really appreciate if you could explain how to create the page posted in here(which programs I will need and necessary things). I really liked the design of this page and would like to implement it for my personal page.

Thanks in Advance
              Its not really appropriate for you to steal someone elses work for your own...very bad practice! Get creative and design something that represents YOU!
              | Valerie |
              "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
              -Ben Harper

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X