Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Design Quotes
    salsa
    They want you to do a mock quote and didn't tell you how to do it? That's strange that they would even do this because there are a lot of steps in the real world of business that you have to go through...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to New Logo for a Glass Bottle Cutting Device
    Buda
    I don't see any progression. It's the same concept.

Try and work on some more interesting concepts.

Things to think about:
    Who is the target market?
    What is the...
    Today, 01:51 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    Buda
    What is your background? Are you a student or a designer?

These don't look like real logos to me because they can't be used in the real world. It looks like you have thought up concepts but...
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to (Possibly) doing a commission for the first time, need intro
    Buda
    Just curious if you are thinking of using copyright and trademarked comic book and movie characters in your design?
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Design Quotes
    Buda
    Hi c_fowler336 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain...
    Today, 01:37 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat-X Background question

I am trying to design a site and I can't get the background to repeat at the bottom of the page. Could someone please help. I can show you my style sheet.

http://www.deaddogdesign.net/car/Untitled-1.html

i just started it...nothing really there.

I am trying to mimic this:
    http://www.textmarketing123.com/

Javascript is being used to achieve the effect on that site. If you look over the source code you should be able to figure it out.

You could also achieve this without Javascript.
    Last edited by tZ; 07-03-2009, 02:07 AM.

Comment

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9420

Comment

thats weird because I have this in my css

background: #74BC19 url(black_horz.jpg) repeat-x;

Comment

Is your image in a folder? or just free floating with your HTML files??
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

floating with the the other htmls. Does it matter if I put it in the images folder.

Comment

no it doesn't matter where it is...I'd put it in an images folder personally with all other images used on your site...then change the css. Does the image show up at all? I'd also maybe try adding top left to the css image position (even if it isn't always necessary). If image isn't showing and you are sure path to image is correct, then it could be specificity issue with the css...try moving it lower down and/or see if some other style is conflicting with it.
              | Valerie |
              "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
              -Ben Harper

Comment

Originally posted by DesignVHL View Post
                no it doesn't matter where it is...I'd put it in an images folder personally with all other images used on your site.
                Agreed. I just asked that because it seemed odd that he wasn't calling to an image in the images folder. So I assumed that perhaps his image WAS in the images folder, and he was calling to the image at the root. Thus causing it not to show up because it's not there.

But since the image is free floating with the file, it SHOULD show up.
                Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

I got why you made that statement ck.

If the image is not showing up AT ALL, my guess is A. Specificity issue, or B. the css is not in the root, so maybe the image needs to be ../image.jpg...or if moved to images folder which is what I'd do, maybe change css to ../images/image.jpg.
                  | Valerie |
                  -Ben Harper

Comment

Did you by chance save the BG image as a .gif? Sometimes when I am coding quickly I type .jpg instead of .gif and then rack my brain for a minute trying to figure out why the image isn't showing up!

Comment

lol i've done that one too ck! but I usually screw it up between png and gif.
                      | Valerie |
                      -Ben Harper

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X