Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamweaver Spry Menu/Css menu

http://www.thepropertyshoppeco.com/NEW/index.php

Anyone have any dealings with dreamweaver's spry menus? I can not seem to get the word property management on one line. Even after editing the
    ul. MenuBarHorizontal. li and ul. MenuBarHorizonatl. ul rules.

They are both set at 12 em. Page with is 885 pixel.

Any help appreciated.

sp

It won't stay on one line because "Property Management" doesn't fit in a 12em space.

ul.MenuBarHorizontal li needs to be edited to be something wide enough to fit it on one line.

Comment

Originally posted by hewligan View Post
      It won't stay on one line because "Property Management" doesn't fit in a 12em space.

ul.MenuBarHorizontal li needs to be edited to be something wide enough to fit it on one line.
      I have tried editing that to a large number but it only pushes the last menu item onto the next page.

sb

Comment

Make the last menu item a smaller width then...
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
          Make the last menu item a smaller width then...
          ..that's what i can't seem to figure out how to do
          If I could figure out how to control the widt of each button, i think it would all fit, but I just can't seem to do anything but control the overall width of the menu.

sb

Comment

There are no individual classes for each of the menu items, so they all have to be the same width. You could add classes to them and assign individual widths.

Comment

well, i wound up losing the CAPS and it all fits. Good enough for me.

thanks for the ideas.

sb

Comment

Glad you got it working, but the important thing is if you know how to fix it for NEXT time. Do you?
                Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
                  Glad you got it working, but the important thing is if you know how to fix it for NEXT time. Do you?
                  good point.
                  I'll have to poke around at this when I have free-time. In the meantime, at least I can get the proof to the client.

sb

Comment

make sure that it doesn't push out in IE and works in all browsers.

I was going to suggest changing the width from 12em to inherit...that should make the width the same as the text...
                    | Valerie |
                    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
                    -Ben Harper

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X