X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSD to HTML Services?

I'm starting to experience an increase in the number of design projects coming my way and I'm considering passing off the coding aspect to another company (previously did it all myself). A google search reveals quite a few companies that do this. Does anyone have any experience using these services? If so, has the experience been generally positive? Any major issues you've had with them? Most of my clients are small businesses looking to gain a web presence and so the sites tend to be fairly simple.

The companies I've been looking at are:

w3-markup.com

xhtml.pixelcrayons.com
    psd2html.com

By the way, long time lurker and first time poster. Hi there!

I would find a local guy or someone on here that you can trust and have a relationship with. Its the sites are that simple you are talking a day or 2 to make.

steve

Comment

I am totally against those services too...I agree w/ steve, find a local web designer/coder you can trust...or find one on here. I know lots of people who could use some extra $$$ and are really great at what they do. We don't have a classified section for nothing!

Oh and Welcome to the boards!
      | Valerie |
      "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
      -Ben Harper

Comment

You can make psd into html through photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTrick View Post
          You can make psd into html through photoshop.
          You can, but it's really not a good idea.

Realistically, any method of producing HTML that doesn't involve an actual person sitting and writing the HTML tends to produce remarkably bad results.

Comment

Not to mention it is a really unprofessional/non-industry standard way of doing web design - especially if you are selling web design services.
            | Valerie |
            -Ben Harper

Comment

Originally posted by hewligan View Post
              You can, but it's really not a good idea.

Realistically, any method of producing HTML that doesn't involve an actual person sitting and writing the HTML tends to produce remarkably bad results.
              What do you mean by bad results?

Comment

Originally posted by abacus View Post
                I'm starting to experience an increase in the number of design projects coming my way and I'm considering passing off the coding aspect to another company (previously did it all myself). A google search reveals quite a few companies that do this. Does anyone have any experience using these services? If so, has the experience been generally positive? Any major issues you've had with them? Most of my clients are small businesses looking to gain a web presence and so the sites tend to be fairly simple.
                Well, I've never dealt with any other company providing this service, but I've done it myself and developed websites off other people's PSD wireframes. That was a positive enough experience, if that helps.
                Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                mediamainline.com
                cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTrick View Post
                  What do you mean by bad results?
                  Well, in the case of Save for Web, all it does is divide the document up into images, and then arrange those images in an HTML table.

That gives you a ridiculously large page weight along with absolutely no accessibility for users of alternative browsers, such as the disabled, and more importantly search engines.

Also, since all of the text will be placed into images, it will look pretty bad even for users of normal browsers.

It's about as bad a result as you could get.

Comment

Thanks for the great advice guys. I'm guessing the companies in my original post (which were the top links on google for "psd to html") are offshoring shops that will churn out code quickly, but which may or may not end up being what I had envisioned. Not to mention the code will probably be pretty "dirty".

I'm going to look into companies which offer a more personalized service and whose quality of work I can be more certain of before I start handing my clients' projects over to them. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comment

I'd start here. There are a lot of professionals on here who can provide you with the personalized service your looking for (including myself ). Post in the classified section....I am sure many of us could use some work.
                      | Valerie |
                      -Ben Harper

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X