Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Vendor Creative
    PrintDriver
    You had time to do the change and post here, but not time to pick up the phone and call the client?

I think if I was paying for something and it was changed by someone outside the company,...
    Today, 04:32 PM
  • hank_scorpio
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    hank_scorpio
    Picture should be someone enjoying themselves in a walking scene in a park or something, or playing with their kids.

Text over image should only be block text, paragraphs of text never w...
    Today, 04:15 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Multiply, white background question. Must be a 1 minute answer?? Help!
    Cosmo
    You can change the opacity to multiply, but that's not the proper way to do it. If it's a logo, it should be created in Illustrator in vector form. That way there is no background to worry about, and...
    Today, 03:46 PM
  • EvaldasT
    Reply to Is graphic design for me?
    EvaldasT
    Well, I am really passionate to learn, I have been excited about digital arts since young age and learned most of the things by myself and I thought that uni will teach me some industry stuff, but it...
    Today, 03:40 PM
  • GDGD
    Reply to Vendor Creative
    GDGD
    And sometimes they brand the creative, in this case, they did. What I changed was layout of the text and images. The branding and legalese stayed exactly the same....
    Today, 03:37 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having troubles uploading/

hello, sorry if this seems like a stupid question.... but it's a question none the less

i am using Transmit to upload a website. I see two folders "cgi-bin and htdocs". I noticed that the 'under construction' gif was placed in the cgi-bin folder, so i deleted it and copied my website there. the website does not work! please help!

thanks

I think... and may be corrected that cgi-bin is usually for email connected to the site?
    Is there not a main root directory?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

htdocs is the site root. The files should go in their not cgi-bin.

If a www directory exists they should be placed in there rather then htdocs most likely.

+ htdocs/
      --+ index.html
      --+ about.html
      --+img/
      -----+construction.jpg
      Last edited by tZ; 07-09-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

thanks alot. Always appreciated.

I have uploaded it to the htdocs folder but i still get the animated gif saying under construction.

Comment

what is inside the htdocs directory?

Comment

the animated gifs were I believe. I deleted them!

Comment

This may seem too simple... but have you tried refreshing or deleting your history and cookies to see if it's just your machine?
              Maybe test it on another computer?
              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X