Website design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website design

Ok using photoshop and imageready I have made a html page. But the host I am using freewebs.com only uses css. So how can I make a html or .psd to css?

You can't.

When you load a web page, what you actually get is HTML, which contains the content of the page. The HTML then instructs the browser to download CSS and image files. The CSS controls what the HTML looks like.

HTML and CSS are two entirely different things, that are both needed for producing web pages. There is no converting one to the other.

Comment

http://www.w3schools.com Intro to HTML and primer to web design. Hope that helps!
      | Valerie |
      "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
      -Ben Harper

Comment

I'm using webs.com if that helps. And I just want something basic for now. So I just made a image with photoshop and am just trying to put it in.

Comment

I only took a brief look at webs.com, but from what I saw, that's not going to work.

Webs.com seems to work from a system where you are given a standard HTML template to place your content into, and then allows you to write a custom CSS file to apply to that template.

There's absolutely no way to directly take a photoshop image and produce CSS at all. You just have to write CSS appropriate for the webs.com template.

Comment

Originally posted by hewligan View Post
            I only took a brief look at webs.com, but from what I saw, that's not going to work.

Webs.com seems to work from a system where you are given a standard HTML template to place your content into, and then allows you to write a custom CSS file to apply to that template.

There's absolutely no way to directly take a photoshop image and produce CSS at all. You just have to write CSS appropriate for the webs.com template.
            Ah ok, I'll try to write one

Thanks for your help!

Comment

visit http://www.w3schools.com
              you will get your ans.

Comment

hand coding is the way to go i think, hmm

Comment

hmm webs.com isn't only css i dont think.. I havent used it in forever but i remember just plopping html into it.

I have dreamweaver so I open up the .html file i saved from photoshop and imageready, and get the code from dreamweaver.

But that was long ago.. i can't remember much sorry

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                    Reply to Seeking feedback: 2D & 3D concepts
                    PrintDriver
                    If your logo is what you have shown in the subway poster, the reason I ask how your logo is illuminated is because those skinny letter strokes and serifs at the size you have indicated on your wall (in...
                    Today, 08:40 AM
                  • calebninja
                    Reply to just went from having the oldest imac in the company...
                    calebninja
                    Hey I'm in Kansas City too! What do you think about the Chiefs taking a Maholmes last night in the draft? Pretty crazy that it's been so long since they've drafted a first round QB, but I love the mo...
                    Today, 08:37 AM
                  • KitchWitch
                    Reply to Logo Advice
                    KitchWitch
                    Hi Billz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
                    Today, 07:28 AM
                  • mortician.19
                    Reply to Seeking feedback: 2D & 3D concepts
                    mortician.19
                    Thanks for the feedback for my assessment, I was a bit vague with the brief (the elements are to market the studio not decorate the studio) - your comments on the wall sign were very helpful, it's the...
                    Today, 06:00 AM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Comment on Copyright issue?
                    PrintDriver
                    Don't ever assume you are too small an entity to be noticed by copyright holders. I do a lot of image work. More than once I've had image owners tell me they are in the process of doing reverse searches...
                    Today, 05:53 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X