X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website design

Ok using photoshop and imageready I have made a html page. But the host I am using freewebs.com only uses css. So how can I make a html or .psd to css?

You can't.

When you load a web page, what you actually get is HTML, which contains the content of the page. The HTML then instructs the browser to download CSS and image files. The CSS controls what the HTML looks like.

HTML and CSS are two entirely different things, that are both needed for producing web pages. There is no converting one to the other.

Comment

http://www.w3schools.com Intro to HTML and primer to web design. Hope that helps!
      | Valerie |
      "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
      -Ben Harper

Comment

I'm using webs.com if that helps. And I just want something basic for now. So I just made a image with photoshop and am just trying to put it in.

Comment

I only took a brief look at webs.com, but from what I saw, that's not going to work.

Webs.com seems to work from a system where you are given a standard HTML template to place your content into, and then allows you to write a custom CSS file to apply to that template.

There's absolutely no way to directly take a photoshop image and produce CSS at all. You just have to write CSS appropriate for the webs.com template.

Comment

Originally posted by hewligan View Post
            I only took a brief look at webs.com, but from what I saw, that's not going to work.

Webs.com seems to work from a system where you are given a standard HTML template to place your content into, and then allows you to write a custom CSS file to apply to that template.

There's absolutely no way to directly take a photoshop image and produce CSS at all. You just have to write CSS appropriate for the webs.com template.
            Ah ok, I'll try to write one

Thanks for your help!

Comment

visit http://www.w3schools.com
              you will get your ans.

Comment

hand coding is the way to go i think, hmm

Comment

hmm webs.com isn't only css i dont think.. I havent used it in forever but i remember just plopping html into it.

I have dreamweaver so I open up the .html file i saved from photoshop and imageready, and get the code from dreamweaver.

But that was long ago.. i can't remember much sorry

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X