Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Website crit Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Can anyone help identifying this script typeface?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Eann and welcome to GDF.

    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:00 PM
  • Pat Angelo
    Reply to Laptop Bags
    Pat Angelo
    Yeah,go to shop and choose a suitable.
    Today, 01:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Yeah, it's too bad new designers don't know them.
    I had a couple sub-vendor printers go completely offline for two weeks in November due to a Christmas crush. They didn't take any new orders for...
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    You shouldn't be looking on google images... at least not without expecting to pursue permission to use the images. Google images is NOT a stock site, though some stock shows up in it.

    There...
    Today, 01:01 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    PrintDriver
    Very strange. You want someone to tell you how to set up a site so YOU will benefit?
    The Graphic Design part sounds like it will be very important to the success of your site.
    How much money...
    Today, 12:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Website crit

    Hi

    this site was set up to gain more freelance work.. Id love to know your thoughts / criticisms.

    Thanks

    http://www.devolutiondesigns.co.uk
    Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

    Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

  • #2
    nice clean site. the font is to light - i have great vision and i couldnt read it. the flash would look sicker if you dropped the brown border and just had white with the shadow. Its funny but the text on all your jobs ARE SO EASY TO READ but any text for you site is a pain in the ass to.

    Other than that nice site. you know with flash your SEO efforts will be hampered.

    Darryn Cooke : Orange County Graphic Designer

    Comment


    • #3
      i like it. Nice, clean design overall. Two small things caught me eye. On the home page, the "slideshow" of your examples goes too fast. Slow down the amount of time each image is there, not too much though. Maybe transition them in a little "fancier". It almost looks like an advertisement now.

      the other thing, under the graphic design section... the "SUV" link, shows the Karma design that is earlier in the list.
      -Even a broken clock is right twice a day-

      Comment


      • #4
        The only font that I thought was too light was the footer. Otherwise prefer softer gray fonts such as the body copy. Nice clean layout.
        textbox advertising agency

        Comment


        • #5
          Its it purly flash?

          If so you have a problem because search eng wont find you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Oldat29 View Post
            Its it purly flash?

            If so you have a problem because search eng wont find you.
            Not really.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the feedback!

              Much appreciated.
              Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

              Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Oldat29 View Post
                Its it purly flash?

                If so you have a problem because search eng wont find you.

                That is an issue i have considered and will be looking into it. Any help regarding this would be reeeeallly appreciated!

                Ovee time i want to develop the site and make it much easier to find. Its early days at the moment.

                thanks
                Last edited by lokki; 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM.
                Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

                Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

                Comment


                • #9
                  The idea of the site was to try to attract more corporate work as most of the stuff i do is realted to music.. I want to diversify. Its realy hard to know which work to include and which not to.
                  Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

                  Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice and clean. I like the look of it. My main two concerns are:
                    1) It took a little while to load. I don't know if others would notice this, but my connection is usually pretty quick.
                    2) On the home page in your "Welcome" statement, I can read 3 lines of the fourth paragraph, then it gets cut off. I know there is more there because I see the top of the next line. The problem is I don't see anyway to scroll down.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by graffiks View Post
                      Nice and clean. I like the look of it. My main two concerns are:
                      1) It took a little while to load. I don't know if others would notice this, but my connection is usually pretty quick.
                      2) On the home page in your "Welcome" statement, I can read 3 lines of the fourth paragraph, then it gets cut off. I know there is more there because I see the top of the next line. The problem is I don't see anyway to scroll down.

                      yeah i saw that text getting cut off. That was a masking issue.

                      I do want to get it to load quicker... any ideas????

                      Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

                      Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        catchy preloader...

                        Originally posted by lokki View Post
                        I do want to get it to load quicker... any ideas????
                        Nice site...

                        You may have already done this, but compressing each image just a little bit further maybe? You'll have to do it specifically to the needs of each image,but you may be able to significantly reduce size without harming the quality too much.

                        Also, another idea if you cant reduce file sizze would be to put some thought and work into making the preloader a really cool little animation that people can't help but watch. This way you might be able to get away with a little bit longer load time. Sometimes the satisfaction of watching a really cool animation load up might be enough to make the time fly by. You might be able to do something cool working in the wood grain motif you have going on throughout the site.

                        Just a thought. Good luck...

                        -B

                        BP Design Lab

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BPDesignLab View Post
                          Nice site...

                          You may have already done this, but compressing each image just a little bit further maybe? You'll have to do it specifically to the needs of each image,but you may be able to significantly reduce size without harming the quality too much.

                          Also, another idea if you cant reduce file sizze would be to put some thought and work into making the preloader a really cool little animation that people can't help but watch. This way you might be able to get away with a little bit longer load time. Sometimes the satisfaction of watching a really cool animation load up might be enough to make the time fly by. You might be able to do something cool working in the wood grain motif you have going on throughout the site.

                          Just a thought. Good luck...

                          -B

                          I have gone through and compressed the images a little bit more and reduced file size by around 25%.

                          I am going to look into creating a nice preloader animation.

                          Thanks
                          Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

                          Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            page loading xx%...

                            clicked a link at the bottom thinking it would skip to html-based pages.

                            page loading xx%...

                            left the site.

                            if you are trying to get people to see your work, loading it via flash is probably not the best option. Art Directors don't have that kind of time, even with a fast connection.

                            Comment

                            Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                            Working...
                            X