Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anylinkmenu breaks in Wordpress

Got a frustrating problem I'm hoping you all could help me with:

Using a script from Dynamic Drive called Anylinkmenu.

The script works fine throughout the site, but when I put my menu in my Wordpress blog layout, something strange happens. See it in action here.

The light blue background assigned to the li within the drop down seems to take over the entire a & span above it. This doesn't happen in the main site (click on any navigation link to see). Only happens in the blog section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure how to even tackle that. I'd like to help you decode it, but I'm leaning more towards a quick solution. This help? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...down-menu/faq/
    Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Thanks for the link, SurfPark. I may have to resort to that... but the thought of enlisting an additional script and having to worry about matching the styling and functionality so that the behavior is consistent with the rest of the site seems a little iffy. I have a forum post over at DynamicDrive (where the script came from), so hopefully one of the developers over there can help me.

Much appreciated.

Comment

FYI an admin on DynamicDrive helped me fix it. It was simply a matter of disabling an attribute in the script's code that was conflicting with my menu.

Code:
        .selectedanchor{ /*CSS class that gets added to the currently selected anchor link (assuming it's a text link)*/
        /* background: #99ccff; */
        }

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X