Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• designandcoffee
    design+coffee: personal branding
    designandcoffee
    I was recently laid off and have been searching for a new challenge, which of course comes with this whole process of creating a website and branding and such!

I'd love to hear thoughts on...
    Today, 04:53 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to Hello!
    garricks
    Welcome to the forum designandcoffee. We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • designandcoffee
    Hello!
    designandcoffee
    Hey everybody!

I'm Sheena, a Montreal-based graphic designer. I've been working in the field for just about 4 years now, focused mostly on print/layout. I have a BFA in design, and have worked...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • misery
    Reply to Would you use a service like this?
    misery
    To this I quote Unsplash's terms directly. My point being that it seems they have included a clause within their terms that allows them the opportunity to avoid legal conflict should proprietary rights...
    Today, 04:25 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to First design logo
    KitchWitch
    Hi Slobo and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 01:22 AM

Powered by mediabistro.com
Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those nasty HTML Spacers! help!

How can I avoid getting those spacer .gifs in Photoshop?
    When I slice the image export "HTML and images" it sometimes happens. I've tried, but one wrong slice and BAM i get a nasty spacer.
    THe main problem is that when I try to send out the completed HTML emailer that i created in PSD it doesn't send it in Turbo Mailer. It gives me an error, and always when there is a spacer or two. HELP!

i always slice my images and build the email separately using xhtml.

Darryn Cooke : Orange County Graphic Designer

Comment

But anybody have any advice on having NO spacers once I save it with "HTML and Images" in the save for web box in PSD?

Comment

Nevermind, I deleted the spacers in Dreamweaver, as well with their tables and that fixed the problem.
        I thought if I deleted the spacers it would rearrange all the images in a weird way. I guess not.

Comment

Don't forget to add in margins or padding accordingly.
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

PS is not designed to export standards based html and thus will generate tables with spacer .gifs. Do yourself a favor by learning css and semantic markup best practices.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X