Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentally Stuck, ideas?

Hello,

I have been working on a design in Photoshop and I am mentally stuck. I am wondering if anyone has ideas that can help get me moving.

Specifically, I am not sure how to style containers for my actual content. I have my header and main navigation done at the top.

What kind of design should help work with the header I already styled?

Below is an image of my mockup so far. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Chris K.

Sorry, I don't have any ideas for you, but I will say that your color scheme of yellow, blue and black hurts my eyes. What about a title for the page?
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them. Albert Einstein

Comment

I changed the color to a softer Orange. As for the title, I was debating how I would fit it in there.

Perhaps in a Rectangle in the top?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Yellow and white are similar in tone so it is very hard to see the white outlines on the yellow icons. Learn to use a bit more contrast.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
          Yellow and white are similar in tone so it is very hard to see the white outlines on the yellow icons. Learn to use a bit more contrast.
          Thanks, I changed the yellow to a darker Orange.

Comment

I would first come up with a concept and work with that. Right now it seems to be a hosh-posh of graphical elements... With that said, what is your concept?
            Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
              I would first come up with a concept and work with that. Right now it seems to be a hosh-posh of graphical elements... With that said, what is your concept?
              Right now the concept is to basically have a personal website with my blog, projects (softwarem etc,), pictures, and contact information on separate areas of the website with the home page displaying what's new.

I wanted to tie my favorite colors with a simple design that is easy to navigate. I also wanted to add a personal touch (hence an outline of me at the top).

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ckoeber
                Right now the concept is to basically have a personal website with my blog, projects (softwarem etc,), pictures, and contact information on separate areas of the website with the home page displaying what's new.
                This is the purpose of the site not the concept to make a cohesive and engaging presence of that information.

Comment

tZ said it for me. That is not a concept, that is the purpose of the site.
                  Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X