Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• timmyjay
    Reply to My New Website
    timmyjay
    Your website, t-zen and ruiiur look like they are all built from a single template
    Today, 09:25 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    Buda
    Surely this must be purposefully fugly to prove a point? I think it's a comment on Apple's branding.
    Today, 04:45 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello all!
    Buda
    My advice on designing a flyer:
    • Don't pack too much content into the design – 1 or 2 photos is enough, don't write a novel
    • Make your contact details and purpose of the flyer clear
    • Work at the
    Today, 04:40 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to how to prepare a portfoilio?????
    Buda
    How many design pieces do you actually have? Do you have enough good stuff to put together a portfolio and what do you need a portfolio for? Is it for applying for jobs? For applying to a design course?...
    Today, 04:37 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on Graphic Design Virgin Needs Help: Rough Ideas for Videography/Illustration Business
    Buda
    People who commission illustrators want to see you are experienced at what you do. Magazine covers for example is very niche. You probably not going to get the phone calls you are expecting unless you...
    Today, 04:31 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash based websites and search engines`

Hi,

I have created my porftolio website:

www.devolutiondesigns.co.uk

As you can see it is a website mainly constructed of Flash movies spread over numerous web pages.

I want to be able to embed some kind of code or such to help with the site in search engines.

any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks
    Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/seo/

http://www.google.com/search?q=seo+f...L_enUS291US291

Digi
    The world is divided into people who think they are right.
    —Anonymous

Comment

Flash is really for animation, not full websites.
      Cookie Creative

Comment

Thanks Digizan!

Flash is more than just animation for me I find it very useful in my web design work. My portfolio needs to reflect the work i do and flash is a big part of that.. I have actually moved from a primarily HTML/CSS site to this version which I am much more happy with...
        Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Creative View Post
          Flash is really for animation, not full websites.
          Maybe 10 years ago.

These days, Flash is very much designed as a platform for developing rich internet applications.

Having said that, I'm still not convinced that the numerous Flash-based online portfolios people are using are entirely a good idea.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X