Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pixelman
    Reply to Data merge in multiple text frames
    Pixelman
    Yeah thought about doing that at first but its for 1001 - 2001 numerically so no logic in doing it like that.
    Opted for a simpler option that involves automatic numbering, only had to try the other...
    Today, 10:59 AM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to InDesign and Illustrator - am I missing out?
    Lucifer
    That's interesting. I assume you live in America, B. I'm from India, and I've been to four different printers in the past year. All of them use CorelDRAW. Perhaps it's because CD is cheaper than the Adobe...
    Today, 08:59 AM
  • B
    B
    This is going to sound like I live in a cave by myself and never venture into the sunshine, but in my 30-plus years of working in this field, I've never personally encountered anyone who uses CorelDRAW,...
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • Lucifer
    Lucifer
    Thanks, Buda. So far I've used it to create a logo, business cards and various hotel menus. Everything gets done so much faster (I used to be a hardcore Photoshop guy). I'm going to get started with...
    Today, 04:55 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to Is 9-to-5 a thing of the past?
    EmberMike
    My impression has been that people eat at their desks because there is too much work to be done. I put in 9.5 hours today at my desk, and most other people were there just as long or longer. Luckily for...
    Today, 04:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email newsletter campaigns

We are in the process of reworking our monthly newsletter at work and ran into a bit of an issue. All of our examples of OTHER companies newsletters stink! They all have no flow, are jumbled messes, or completely do now work for our clientele.

Does anyone have GREAT email newsletter suggestions that one can sign up for?

The only one that we found that we all love is American Express. Their emails are always quite lovely and pleasing to read!

Wydam Resorts — Not our style and won't meet our needs.
    Apple — to simple for our clients who want the whole story crammed into their teaser article section.
    Travel Channel — Ugly and annoying to read.
    Adobe — A big cluster of a mess.
    Borders — Holy FUBAR email.
    Nintendo — Relies on imagery to much.
    Veer — Too picture heavy, although quite nice to browse through.
    H&R Block — Lacks reasonable flow and reason.
    etc...
    Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

At work we use Novell Groupwise, so we can't see HTML newsletters. Sorry I don't have better advice for you.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Can you post a screenshot of the American Express email newsletter? I subscribe to a bunch of different newsletters, but they're all different in their approach and strategy.

I also started subscribing to an email newsletter on Media Post that's called "Email Insider". They often have different examples of different email newsletters that they critique, so that might be a good resource for you to check out.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Muy beuno Urst! I'll sign up first thing in the morning while at work

I will post some screen caps of American Express emails in the AM as well.
        Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Cool. Once you do, I'll root around in my email newsletter subscriptions (of which I have many) to see if there are any others that would work for you as well.

Comment

Urst,

You can view two of those emails here and here. We just really enjoy how clean and clear their message is, while still remianing a 'american express' email.

Comment

Also, I signed up for MediaPost.... Holy cow they have a LOT of emails you can sign up for!

Comment

Those are clean newsletters.
                Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Here is a great site for references. I also use there services it's quick and easy with stats to keep any pencil pusher happy for days.

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/gallery/

Comment

benjo, that is right up the alley as to what I was looking for.

THANKS A TON!!!

Comment

Nice site, benjo! I've bookmarked it as well.

Ckret, I also like REI's newsletters, they're very clean and simple in terms of layout, but I find them appealing. I didn't have any saved to send you a screenshot, however, here's a link to an example: REI Gearmail.

There's a downloadable PDF here, in PDF format, that also has some other examples that might be interesting for you to look at. Downloading does require you filling in name and email, but I haven't received any spam from them after downloading it. They also have a blog: Smith-Harmon Retail Email blog.

Comment

No problem guys! I share cause God knows I need way more then I can give =)

Comment

I like Veer's email newsletters in terms of look and feel and also dealing with a fair amount of content: Veer email newsletter.

Comment

On another note I try to keep my content at 600px or so. Like the veer example.

It's all about images and design. Especially considering that a lot of people view emails using outlook we are really limited in what we can do. Plus outside of the design community they hate HTML email at least the vocal tech blogs do.

Here are some stats for an email I sent out to the UK last month

Most popular email clients
                            36.0%
                            Outlook 2000, 2003, Express
                            20.0%
                            Lotus Notes 6
                            8.0%
                            Outlook 2007
                            4.0%
                            AOL Mail
                            4.0%
                            iPhone 2.0
                            4.0%
                            Thunderbird 2
                            4.0%
                            Windows Live Desktop
                            20.0%
                            Undetectable

So back to tables and spacers, oh I love retro tech!

Comment

Keep in mind too, it's all about the subject line, if they don't open it they will never get to the content.

Where I work, we send out millions of emails, the ones that are personalized with someones name open 50% better than those that don't.
                              “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” Lance Armstrong

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X