Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    ISitude
    There's a follow-up survey found just after the last vid ...I'm guessing that my written answers are also award winning
    Today, 03:48 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    Agreed.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    PrintDriver
    Then change the title to "Getting Started with Illustrator"
    Not "Logo Design."
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    I honestly think he's just showing some quick tuts to get people started in illustrator. But I know what you mean by people seeing these videos and thinking that's how stuff gets done. An even bigger...
    Today, 03:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Need feedback on this package
    Buda
    The chocolate stuff looks like blood.
    Today, 03:16 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need tools for website design

I am a newbie in website design field and am learning tools which would help me make better and attractive web sites. Can you share some tools which I should look at to make an attractive website?

Hold your hands up in the air. There's your best tools, right there in front of you.

Seriously, learning to code site by hand is the best tool. Once you have the code down, the rest is easy. Mock the site up in Photoshop or Fireworks, slice out the images you need. Then code it all up yourself.

Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Yes, I agree coding is needed. But what if time is the issue? Are you aware of any other options, just in case

Comment

There's really no short cuts, or magic easy button, with web design. You either have the time to do it, or you don't. My friend used Homestead site builder to make his web sites, and he spent just as much time building and trouble shooting, as I did doing it by hand.
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

That's something I realized. Thanks a whole lot for the help. Do you have any sample web sites which you can provide as examples for beginners....

Comment

dreamweaver is a great help - but in the end you need to know what the code is doing and how to do oit by hand to really maximize your sites.

Darryn Cooke : Orange County Graphic Designer

Comment

Look in this thread for some links to get started. (scroll down a bit)

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=38131

jade

Comment

I will check out this thread. Does anyone know about any Flash template websites

Comment

Why, yes I do. What would you like to know about them?

Comment

I would like to see the kind of stuff being created. Are these very difficult to design?

Comment

Difficult? No, not if you know the program. But flash websites can go VERY VERY wrong, very quickly if you are not careful. Basically instead of designing with code, you design along a timeline, visually, then add in code later. Flash files, if you do not know what you are doing, can become EXTREMELY bloated in file size and take FOREVER to download.

You can see some examples here.

Comment

Oh sure, I am just checking out this link. Yeah, they make ages to download. I wish there an easier way to use a Flash interaction in a site!!

Comment

what are you looking for in terms of interaction? Flash is good for animation and can be used within a regular html site (as opposed to building the whole thing in Flash - there are a lot of seo reasons why a Flash site is not such a hot idea unless it can't be built any other way)
                          Interaction on the other hand can be built into an html site. It's more to do with the structure and initial design of the site than the programme in which it is built.
                          And as CA says, Flash sites can go very wrong very quickly. Debugging a Flash site can take forever....

Comment

Designing and building websites are professions.

A professional takes the time to learn and to do it right,
                            becoming Good and Fast in the process.

It takes time and practice.

Like learning to play the piano.
                            Fast and Easy? Nope. Sorry.

Comment

Flash web sites may have pros and cons. But is it possible to create a website that is SEO friendly with a combination of Flash interactions? With interaction, I meant that the content should be presented in an interesting manner. I want to avoid plain textual sites with images.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X