Horizontal Nav Bar from PSD file to CSS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Nav Bar from PSD file to CSS

I'm designing a web site layout that has unique buttons/text (converted to images) for the navigation menu. I want to implement the unique button in my html/CSS. So, far I've created the web site design in Photoshop and sliced the whole layout including each button and its roller state.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to translate it into CSS. I know I could make things easier and use a default text for the buttons and code my CSS with the button image. It's just that this has been bugging me for quite awhile and I've been doing extensive research and haven't found a solution which lead me to joining a forum.

Also, is it too much trouble for browsers to translate?

I hope someone can help! Thanks!

If your comfortable with writing your own HTML and CSS using a Sprite is the best option.

Comment

I've seen this before. I just didn't give much attention to it before. Now, it's completely relevant to my problem. Good stuff! Thanks!

Comment

tZ read my mind. Image sprite with the ul/li combo set to display line.
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Reply to Adobe Illustrator 10
          B
          My guess is that in a few days an answer will appear, and that answer will point to the same commercial software as half the other times this exact same question was asked over and over again on other...
          Today, 05:25 PM
        • DownCatEnt
          General Feedback Newbie Questions
          DownCatEnt
          Hey all! First post, just have some logos I thought I would like you're guys' feedback on. No background, not going to be used for anything, just the product of some illustrator tutorials I've been going...
          Today, 05:10 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Adobe Illustrator 10
          PrintDriver
          I counted 13 forums where this exact post has been placed.
          Some dating back a year ago.
          You haven't gotten an answer yet?

Adobe Illustrator 10 is about 15 years old. That's a...
          Today, 04:30 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Looking for feedback on a logo idea
          PrintDriver
          I don't think I'd worry too much about local sign ordinances and colors.
          That is why logos can be created in black and white. If the community insists on a certain type of sign, it is easy enough...
          Today, 02:52 PM
        • UrdialesT
          Adobe Illustrator 10
          UrdialesT
          When I tried to open the .ai file in Adobe Illustrator 10, it displayed an error which states, " Adobe Illustrator file format is having difficulties " What should I do for the problem?
          Today, 12:01 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X