Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• VIDAL
    Comment on Creatives on Instagram and Facebook
    VIDAL
    So the cookie crumbles! I can see why you are against the digital sphere in general - considering large format printing and design is your career - me on the other hand, I grew up with the digital age,...
    Today, 05:46 PM
  • VIDAL
    VIDAL
    "Everyone must decide for themselves whether "social networking" is worth their time. It's the same with everything." Agreed HotButton - but how do I come to that conclusion? Do you...
    Today, 05:42 PM
  • VIDAL
    VIDAL
    Lucifer Thank you, I'm just curious as to what people in the GD forum have to say about the topic.
    Today, 05:39 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to What effect is this and how can I replicate it?
    PrintDriver
    Psst...hey guys.
    For T-shirts.
    Some of those photoshop tutes and that illustrator opacity mask are gonna require a linescreen, which can be pretty horribly course in screen printing.
    Today, 05:31 PM
  • Danx
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Danx
    BTW, actually I used 3 pantone colours, not 2.

I need to simplify the logo.
    Today, 05:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Nav Bar from PSD file to CSS

I'm designing a web site layout that has unique buttons/text (converted to images) for the navigation menu. I want to implement the unique button in my html/CSS. So, far I've created the web site design in Photoshop and sliced the whole layout including each button and its roller state.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to translate it into CSS. I know I could make things easier and use a default text for the buttons and code my CSS with the button image. It's just that this has been bugging me for quite awhile and I've been doing extensive research and haven't found a solution which lead me to joining a forum.

Also, is it too much trouble for browsers to translate?

I hope someone can help! Thanks!

If your comfortable with writing your own HTML and CSS using a Sprite is the best option.

Comment

I've seen this before. I just didn't give much attention to it before. Now, it's completely relevant to my problem. Good stuff! Thanks!

Comment

tZ read my mind. Image sprite with the ul/li combo set to display line.
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X