Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I do find them a bit boring. I think the layout and graphics themselves are too simple. I think you can definitely try adding some more detail to the graphics and experiment a bit more with your layo...
    Today, 01:19 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    <b>
    I always try to recommend what I think will work best for the client -- even when it means a lower fee for me. It sort of boils down to a matter of being professional and honest, which as far as I'm concerned,...
    Today, 12:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Nav Bar from PSD file to CSS

I'm designing a web site layout that has unique buttons/text (converted to images) for the navigation menu. I want to implement the unique button in my html/CSS. So, far I've created the web site design in Photoshop and sliced the whole layout including each button and its roller state.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to translate it into CSS. I know I could make things easier and use a default text for the buttons and code my CSS with the button image. It's just that this has been bugging me for quite awhile and I've been doing extensive research and haven't found a solution which lead me to joining a forum.

Also, is it too much trouble for browsers to translate?

I hope someone can help! Thanks!

If your comfortable with writing your own HTML and CSS using a Sprite is the best option.

Comment

I've seen this before. I just didn't give much attention to it before. Now, it's completely relevant to my problem. Good stuff! Thanks!

Comment

tZ read my mind. Image sprite with the ul/li combo set to display line.
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X