X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text not visable from a PC

I'm working on a mac using firefox and have used the z-index function in dreamweaver to layer between flash objects and dreamweaver text.
    Now that I've uploaded the site, the text isn't visable from a PC. Although it is visable from a Mac.
    When viewing on a PC, the text flashes up for a milisecond on some pages and then disappears.

Does anyone have any idea why this is??

Tom

Originally posted by teqbra View Post
    I'm working on a mac using firefox and have used the z-index function in dreamweaver to layer between flash objects and dreamweaver text.
    Now that I've uploaded the site, the text isn't visable from a PC. Although it is visable from a Mac.
    When viewing on a PC, the text flashes up for a milisecond on some pages and then disappears.

Does anyone have any idea why this is??

Tom
    Different browsers is the most obvious reason but it could be a handful of things. We need the script/code to analyze the problem or a link would be helpful.

Comment

Well we've tried viewing the website in both safari and firefox on the Mac and it worked fine, and tried viewing it using firefox on the PC and it doesn't work. :S

which part of the script or code do you need???
      would one page be enough?

and the website is www.placeyoursite.co.uk

I think it may have something to do with the z-index feature, as there is a page with flash layered on flash in dreamweaver. and the flash layer that is layered on top, isn't displaying properly.

Thanks, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by teqbra View Post
        Well we've tried viewing the website in both safari and firefox on the Mac and it worked fine, and tried viewing it using firefox on the PC and it doesn't work. :S

which part of the script or code do you need???
        would one page be enough?

and the website is www.placeyoursite.co.uk

I think it may have something to do with the z-index feature, as there is a page with flash layered on flash in dreamweaver. and the flash layer that is layered on top, isn't displaying properly.

Thanks, Tom
        I'm looking at it from a pc and I'm not sure which text you're referring to. Can you be more specific? Let's focus on one page that has the problem and one page that does not. Then we can compare the two.

Comment

Sorry yeah i didn't think of that haha. well every page has the problem.
          All of the text you can see is flash text. It's the main body text that isn't viewable.
          In the middle of every page there's a big white box, this is where the dreamweaver text should be visable. But it's not.
          If that makes sense?

Comment

Oh lol! I think this should help.

You need the right syntax!

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_doctype.asp

Comment

Originally posted by sudodesign View Post
              Oh lol! I think this should help.

You need the right syntax!

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_doctype.asp
              One more thing, try to change your text class to position: relative. I think your text might be hidden under the object.

Comment

Okay thanks
                I'll give it a go.
                Cheers for your help

Comment

I've just tried using the 'transitional' syntax. but it didn't work. The problem is still occurring.
                  Is that the right syntax to be using?

Comment

I think you need to put wmode="opaque" somewhere
                    portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

what would that achieve? And where would it be put?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X