Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Reply to How on Earth was this done??
    Kayekaye
    I forgot! I used some Smoke brushes in photoshop for a cookbook. Just google smoke brushes for photoshop, lots of them out there....
    Today, 06:56 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Multiple return addresses
    kemingMatters
    great point
    Today, 06:35 PM
  • Kool
    Comment on Experience vs education.
    Kool
    " I guess I'm sort of a middle-man between the client, boss and other employees. "

That would be the very definition of a manager. Or in the graphic design world an Art Director,...
    Today, 06:13 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Comment on Things that jerk my chain...
    Kayekaye
    I hear that! I had told my client that my father was in the hospital for a heart operation, literally could die on the table and that I couldn't be reached the next day during the operation. The whole...
    Today, 06:03 PM
  • TrueTechDesign
    Comment on How on Earth was this done??
    TrueTechDesign
    That is an absolutely stunning app i must admit. Could do with a little refining in regards to customization but overall, I'm quite impressed! Thanks for sharing Kayekaye!
    Today, 05:57 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash for web design, a good idea.....

I am in the process of designing a website for which I need to use Flash. Do you think it would be a good idea to design it completely in Flash?

Depends on your design and the purpose of the site. If you can avoid it, I would recommend it.
    Last edited by CkretAjint; 09-02-2009, 10:31 AM.
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Hey thanks for the quick reply...I am still working on it

Comment

I've done several websites in flash, but never "completely" in flash. It wouldn't be very dynamic without CSS, PHP, JS, and XML.
        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

You can send back data in form of XML to flash from PHP, ASP, etc. So it is possible to create a fully dynamic site in flash.

Comment

google and others will never be able to see your content. If that matters build your site in html and have embedded flash elements

Comment

Originally posted by stickleback View Post
              google and others will never be able to see your content. If that matters build your site in html and have embedded flash elements
              Not entirely true, but to get proper indexing I would stick with using Flash for individual elements as and when required.

Also check out jQuery, you can do a lot very simply with AJAX and the provided effects nowadays, whereas before they could only be done in Flash.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X