Project-Oriented Actionscript Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project-Oriented Actionscript Book

Does anyone know of a good project-oriented Actionscript book? Something that tells you how to make common projects (slideshow or puzzle for example) with Actionscript. If you're familiar with CSS Anthology from Sitepoint, I'm looking for something like that except with Actionscript. I'd prefer a book, not web tutorials.

look at the actionscript cookbooks from O'reilly books. It does have blocks of code for examples - some a little more sophisticated than just a puzzle. One has how to manuver a hot air balloon around in a game like environment.

Jade

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Drazan. I'll check it out.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
        Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
        PanToshi
        In my area of the country, there are an abundance of this.

Believe me, despite over 12 years of agency experience and 15 years being a ''freelancer'', even I have encountered this bias. Especially...
        Today, 03:10 PM
      • B
        Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
        B
        I wouldn't say it means nothing. If it's coupled with all the other things, like internships, actual employment and education, it definitely counts for something.

When I interview people...
        Today, 02:33 PM
      • B
        Reply to Graphic Designer's In Math
        B
        Looks like I'm going to be the oddball here and say that I rarely need any math beyond basic arithmetic to do my job. The most math-intensive, graphic design thing I run into is figuring percentages,...
        Today, 02:24 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Email setup for multiple addresses - best practices
        PrintDriver
        Don't assume they are downloading. Depending on how your mail is set up, it may only be accessing and cataloging from your email server.
        Where I work, on the mac with an IMAP account, you have to...
        Today, 01:53 PM
      • Raleighsprite
        Reply to Email setup for multiple addresses - best practices
        Raleighsprite
        Ah perhaps fetch is a better term: there is a progress bar at the bottom and it says Dowloading ## of ##### (and since I'm an email hoarder, the of # is around 25,000). My concern is when I used Outlook...
        Today, 12:40 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X